Sox Summer Camp Catch All Thread

Vote4Pedro

21 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

The infectious disease expert from Advocate was on 670 and he said testing negative isa poor threshold because they've had patients who have tested positive for months while no longer being contagious from the virus. He said that the threshold to return should be 10 days symptom free and 3 days fever free. 

11 hours ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Pretty much. It's so incredibly odd and moronic how someone thought not listing a reason for a trip to the IL (when a reason is literally required for any other situation) somehow provides a player the proper privacy they are seeking while recovering. Hopefully they get well soon and don't have a rough case of it.

Both are asymptomatic . Experts say someone could return if symptom free in 10 days and fever free for 3 days . MLB says 2 negative tests to make everyone feel comfortable being around them I suppose. But as the expert said you could test positive for months and no longer be contagious or have symptoms.

So basically Yoan could be sitting at home for months waiting for 2 negative tests in a row or be back in 10 days or less while having no symptoms the whole time.

Sox on 35th again with highlights and a recap. If you haven't visited there ., it's very good and easy to navigate website

Just a quick few notes here. Yermin Mercedes played LF.

Besides the Robert falling down HR , Collins , Mazara, Engel all went deep. Mazara, Engel and Mercedes each had 2 hits in the 5 inning game. The Robert HR was definitely the highlight of the day on Twitter. Late in the game it seems the media got bored or disinterested  so it was difficult to learn much more from Tweets.

Rodon looked good early . Rodon went 3 innings giving up 1 run on the Robert HR. Remember these guys are just getting work in but results don't mean too much and there are not too many rules. Rodon pitched to 5 batters in the 1st inning and they all made outs. Very encouraging work today from Rodon.

Rey gave up HR's to Collins and Engel.

Lambert and Cease also pitched. According to Sam Shepherd of SouthsideHitPen he looked very crisp. Sam also seems to like Yermin.

robertHRsmile.jpg

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Starting Monday, these intrasquad scrimmages are going to be aired on NBC Sports Chicago and streamed lived on MyTeams App

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/white-sox-intrasquad-scrimmages-stream-live-myteams-app-tv-watch

So excited to finally watch some live baseball!!  Will these games get the highest ratings ever for a preseason game?

15 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Haha who knows. But I know what my ass is doing tomorrow at 1:00 central time 

Unfortunately, I'm going to be working in the afternoons but Wednesday and Thursday evening, I'm going to crack open a gumballhead and have the biggest grin on my face I've had in a while.

https://www.si.com/mlb/whitesox/news/super-joe-speaks-im-smiling-under-my-mask   

16 minutes with Merkin, Levine etc after the game. Sounds very high on Mazara also and how the coaching staff tweaked a few things with him which, long ago, after we acquired him I thought they would do.

Everyone needs to hear Joe McEwing talk about Robert and the other guys. The Robert falling down HR was perhaps the biggest player performance highight of the day nationally.

Super Joe will get you pumped up !

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Sox on 35th again with highlights and a recap. If you haven't visited there ., it's very good and easy to navigate website

Just a quick few notes here. Yermin Mercedes played LF.

Besides the Robert falling down HR , Collins , Mazara, Engel all went deep. Mazara and Mercedes each had 2 hits in the 5 inning game. The Robert HR was definitely the highlight of the day on Twitter. Late in the game it seems the media got bored or disinterested  so it was difficult to learn much more from Tweets.

Rodon looked good early . Rodon went 3 innings giving up 1 run on the Robert HR. Remember these guys are just getting work in but results don't mean too much and there are not too many rules. Rodon pitched to 5 batters in the 1st inning and they all made outs. Very encouraging work today from Rodon.

Rey gave up HR's to Collins and Engel.

Lambert and Cease also pitched. According Yo Sam Shepherd of SouthsideHitPen he looked very crisp. Sam also seems to like Yermin.

robertHRsmile.jpg

Lambert or Cease?

Gio Gonzalez and Dane Dunning get the starts today So great to see all the injured arms like Rodon, Dunning and Lambert pitching , Such a shame Kopech couldn't be among them. I'm also getting the feeling that the bullpen could have a few surprises to start the season. Is it possible Lambert and Dunning could be in the pen ? I know it's a lot to expect but if Dunning can impress the way Lambert has so far  we're all going to be stoked about the possibilities.

19 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lambert or Cease?

Lambert He struck out Grandal but Grandal didn't like the call from the catcher/ump. K'd Eloy, gave up the HR to Mazara then K'd Robert.

Cease hard to tell . His 1st inning he gave up a hit to Yermin  a bunt hit by Engel then 2 batters I don't know the results . Then a couple of errors by Anderson and Abreu put Madrigal on 3rd base and looks like 1 run scored from the video. Not much twitter news of that inning .

His 2nd inning Vaughn, Cuthbert no idea then game ends after K's of Mercedes and Engel.

Hopefully Dunning/Lambert are good enough to fill in at some point. It’s got to be tough to throw in scrimmages against veteran teammates. You want to make pitches and be aggressive, but you also don’t want to mess up and break a guy’s hand or something.