Sox Summer Camp Catch All Thread

Vote4Pedro

1 minute ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Is our pitching coach too busy playing psychiatrist with the media to help his own pitchers? Coop needs to go.

I wouldn't care if it was you who helps someone get better, A player is essentially in charge of his own destination. Help can come from anyone if you choose to accept it. This tape will self destruct in 10 seconds.

From the game thread after the game we heard about Giolito say Madrigal and Vaughn were a pain in his ass. To expand on that here is the full quote from whitesox.com

“Today, facing Nick Madrigal and Andrew Vaughn, they're a pain in my [butt],” Giolito said. “You've got Nick spitting on some fastballs just out of the zone, shooting one to right field. Andrew Vaughn, when I was throwing to him in quarantine -- back when we were in California, I was throwing live bullpens, and he faced me -- he's one of the few guys I've noticed that can really see my changeup well, and he'll spit on my changeup just out of the zone.

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And the clusterfuck of a season continues to get "clusterier". My new made up word. I remember seeing a poster ask what a clusterfuck was. I thought everyone knew but basically it's a group of bad things that happen to fuck up a whole situation.

I don't think it was question of "what does a clusterfuck mean" but "what is a clusterfuck" in response to someone stating "This is a clusteruck" as in specify what the clusterfuck is.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I don't think it was question of "what does a clusterfuck mean" but "what is a clusterfuck" in response to someone stating "This is a clusteruck" as in specify what the clusterfuck is.

Ahh thought we all knew that . Covid 19 making a mess of everything, players and umps  opting out, players testing positive, problems with testing and results, negotiations to get the season started going haywire, no fans ,. I'm sure i missed a lot of things. We're kind of lucky baseball isn't considered much of a contact sport like football, basketball and hockey. It's a lot harder to limit contact and practice social distancing in those sports.

16 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Not really surprising.  Some of the umpires are older and some probably have some health conditions, too.  One of the highest risk ones (Joe West) is rolling the dice, though.

Joe West is acting exactly how I would expect Joe West to act.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Joe West is acting exactly how I would expect Joe West to act.

If there was a Joe West MLB network package, I would definitely purchase that...I hate to miss a game with Country Joe ;)

• Haha 1