Sox Summer Camp Catch All Thread

Vote4Pedro

Hopefully it’s not COVID. An extended absence would be terrible for Mazara and would be where an additional bat this offseason like Puig would have played huge (before someone says it, yes I know he tested positive for COVID) just stating my dislike for running Engel out there on a daily basis on a playoff contending team 

23 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Hopefully it’s not COVID. An extended absence would be terrible for Mazara and would be where an additional bat this offseason like Puig would have played huge (before someone says it, yes I know he tested positive for COVID) just stating my dislike for running Engel out there on a daily basis on a playoff contending team 

Could be Garcia in RF and Madrigal at 2nd

Morosi going bold and picking Indians, Sox, Twins in that order with the Sox making the Wild Card.

Seeing Minnesota at 3rd in the Central I think means he may be expecting their guys to fall off quite a bit. Pitching is top-heavy and a bit suspect on the back end, but still surprised he's fading them.

1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Morosi going bold and picking Indians, Sox, Twins in that order with the Sox making the Wild Card.

Seeing Minnesota at 3rd in the Central I think means he may be expecting their guys to fall off quite a bit. Pitching is top-heavy and a bit suspect on the back end, but still surprised he's fading them.

Their pitching is rough.. I also expect large regression from guys.  Not wild to predict them not winning the division.  I think all 3 teams are close

Just now, Buehrle>Wood said:

Is fulmer still with the organization? I've given up pretending to know how ot works this year

DFA'd. We will see. I am not sure if he would have to accept the outright or not. 

I do think he is a guy that can be turned around a bit if someone can help him throw strikes. Whether that person exists and is employed by a major league baseball team is a good question.

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

DFA'd. We will see. I am not sure if he would have to accept the outright or not. 

I do think he is a guy that can be turned around a bit if someone can help him throw strikes. Whether that person exists and is employed by a major league baseball team is a good question.

Definitely possible, but even Driveline got a hold of him and it did nothing.

I'm really ready to get this started for real.  If I remember correctly, the only other regular season game the White Sox played in an empty (fan wise) stadium was in Baltimore and didn't they lose that one like 27-1?

15 minutes ago, wegner said:

I'm really ready to get this started for real.  If I remember correctly, the only other regular season game the White Sox played in an empty (fan wise) stadium was in Baltimore and didn't they lose that one like 27-1?

Samardzija got shelled I remember that much.