2 White Sox have Covid 19

Dick Allen

26 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yeah but could Hahn say he was healthy if he has coronavirus? I guess he could spin "healthy". 

In that case, "Healthy" could be equivalent to "He's not in a hospital on a ventilator" and still be legally accurate.

3 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Ok so who is not at camp??

I’m currently driving from Chicago to Nashville and have nothing else to do but scroll through Twitter and put together a list of who has been accounted for so far.  24 members of our 44 man summer camp roster still haven’t been seen yet at practices from what I can tell and two others have already been reported as not being at camp in Kopech & Cuthbert.  My guess is most of those unaccounted for are participating in afternoon practices.  The good news is there should be some intrasquad games starting next week, so we should be able to figure this out fairly soon.

• Catchers (2/4): Grandal, Collins
  • Infielders (4/10): Anderson, Garcia, Abreu, Encarnacion
  • Outfielders (3/6): Jimenez, Robert, Mazara
  • Starters (6/7): Giolito, Keuchel, Cease, Lopez, Rodon, Gonzalez
  • Relievers (3/17): Bummer, Cishek, Cordero

More speculation from me, but it appears the 38 positives that were just reported by MLB only included those tested during the intake process.  Also, the two players in question for the White Sox are currently under quarantine in Chicago.  I think this likely means Kopech isn’t a part of the two, but leaves open the possibility that his “personal issue” was a positive COVID result in the last handful of weeks while at home.  Would explain the complete vagueness / uncertainty by Hahn given an inability to disclose COVID.

9 minutes ago, ottawa_sox said:

I have a very eerie feeling about Kopech

I don’t think he has it. Moncada on the other hand is pretty obvious. The first workout group is clearly the starters, so no way they wouldn’t have had him in it.

19 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t think he has it. Moncada on the other hand is pretty obvious. The first workout group is clearly the starters, so no way they wouldn’t have had him in it.

If Moncada misses part of the season, that hurts. He's the best player on the team. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, fathom said:

On the contrary, I think it's obvious that he doesn't have it. They said the 2 players who have it never entered the Sox facility, and Moncada was at the park multiple times over the past few days (but not during the morning sessions)

33 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

It feels weird to be putting so much effort into figuring out who this is when they clearly don't want it out there.

Why though?  It’s not like we won’t notice when certain players are out for 14 days.  I don’t really see the harm is speculating.

13 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

On the contrary, I think it's obvious that he doesn't have it. They said the 2 players who have it never entered the Sox facility, and Moncada was at the park multiple times over the past few days (but not during the morning sessions)

Has this been confirmed by anyone? 

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Has this been confirmed by anyone? 

Which part? The quote is from the Sox press release itself and the last part is what I believed was evident from media availability and his Instagram stories. 

I think it's far more likely that the players who have it are ones people wouldn't think of, like Andrew Romine, and that the immediate jumping to star players is just typical Sox fan pessimism. That said, even if "lesser" players have it, that's still a big deal and I truly hope they get through it quickly and without pain. I just think we should pump the brakes on assuming it's certain people