2 White Sox have Covid 19

Dick Allen

40 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Which part? The quote is from the Sox press release itself and the last part is what I believed was evident from media availability and his Instagram stories. 

I think it's far more likely that the players who have it are ones people wouldn't think of, like Andrew Romine, and that the immediate jumping to star players is just typical Sox fan pessimism. That said, even if "lesser" players have it, that's still a big deal and I truly hope they get through it quickly and without pain. I just think we should pump the brakes on assuming it's certain people

That he was there in the afternoon? 

Do you blame Sox fans for being cynical? 

We've waited 8 years to get to this point in the rebuild and there's a fucking pandemic lol. Being a White Sox fan is like saying Murphy was an optimist. We're not allowed to have nice things. 

Between this, the '94 strike and the entire pitching staff having their arms fall off in 2000....It's a wonder the Sox have any fans at all. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why though?  It’s not like we won’t notice when certain players are out for 14 days.  I don’t really see the harm is speculating.

If they wanted it out there, it would be out there.  Speculating over this seem tabloid-ish.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'm not sure I understand where this happened as I was checked out. Do they think the players had this prior to arriving in chicago or after?

Before.  This was a part of their intake process and neither player had been in camp.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yup all but confirms it I feel like.

From a fan perspective, if he's gonna test positive, I'd rather have it happen now than during the season.  Main concern for me is that Yoan gets healthy though, assuming our speculation is even true...

Just now, KrankinSox said:

Mass panic should not ensue after every positive test. Be calm. Be reasonable, people.

agreed, these are super athletes in peak condition. They should be able to fight it off and the roster is pretty well set up to handle a few down - especially before the season starts.

3 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Mass panic should not ensue after every positive test. Be calm. Be reasonable, people.

Yeah but Moncada is the Sox best player and the Sox have no depth at 3B. 

Some people have mild symptoms for months. 

This would be like the Braves losing Acuna instead of Freeman. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

agreed, these are super athletes in peak condition. They should be able to fight it off and the roster is pretty well set up to handle a few down - especially before the season starts.

I hope you’re right but Von Miller, Freddie Freeman, etc have been pretty open about how tough it has been for them despite their fitness and otherwise good health

• Like 1

Moncada obviously has it. They said he didn't have symptoms so that is good. Hopefully it stays that way. The good news is this ins't the NBA, he won't need as much wind to play baseball when he recovers if he has some sort of lingering effects. And hopefully this means he will have antibodies and be good the rest of the way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I hope you’re right but Von Miller, Freddie Freeman, etc have been pretty open about how tough it has been for them despite their fitness and otherwise good health

yeah, since it effects everyone different, I am sure a few players will have their season wiped or be very weak and ineffective. I am hopeful that the white sox will be overly precautious. 

As I've stated previously, the good news is that the two Sox players were asymptomatic. One of my co-workers who is an avid runner (has run in the NY marathon) and had a very, very mild case. She was back to running right after her symptoms ended.

• Thanks 1