2 White Sox have Covid 19

Dick Allen

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Yeah but Moncada is the Sox best player and the Sox have no depth at 3B. 

Some people have mild symptoms for months. 

This would be like the Braves losing Acuna instead of Freeman. 

The season is still 18 days away.  I wont panic until it's time to panic. I think the data shows even if Yoan is positive, there's a high likelihood he'll return to normal life in very few days. Obviously, anything CAN happen, but it's not panic time yet.

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

This whole thing is a mess. There’s no way you can trust all the players to be responsible off the field.

Right, but now that they’re with each other, you would hope the peer pressure to follow all of the protocols is heavy. It’s three months- maybe four if you’re good.  “Follow the rules. Don’t ruin it for everyone else.” That needs to be the daily reminder. 

Edited by flavum

Just now, mqr said:

doesn’t bode well for anyone that this sort of thing is happening also

Unfortunately false negatives will happen, but was he brought in when he tested positive? If not, then what you described is going to kind of be the way things operate.

8 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

The White Sox need to send the whole team to some parties this weekend so everyone catches it now :D lol

I'm going to take this time to point something out.

If anyone says that they hope an individual Sox player (or any player in the league) gets COVID-19, you'll be getting an automatic 10-day suspension. You wouldn't be wishing any other potentially fatal disease upon them, so don't do it here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Unfortunately false negatives will happen, but was he brought in when he tested positive? If not, then what you described is going to kind of be the way things operate.

Well no, but it was lucky that it was the second test that was a false negative and not the first. 

Just now, mqr said:

Well no, but it was lucky that it was the second test that was a false negative and not the first. 

Yes this is one reason why mlb needs to get their stuff in order on this testing frequency. The good thing from his experience was getting tests each day. If it tested negative, the positive test may not have had results until day 6+

1 hour ago, fathom said:

I don’t think he has it. Moncada on the other hand is pretty obvious. The first workout group is clearly the starters, so no way they wouldn’t have had him in it.

I don't think he has it either.  The 'eerieness' (could there be such a word) that I feel is undoubtedly just me being paranoid.  But if 'healthy' only includes all things physical, I wonder about potential mental issues.  Again there is no reason to feel this way other than through the process of elimination.  If he is attending to some family issue, then who knows.  Didn't he express experiencing a kind of stage fright at some point? 

24 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

The season is still 18 days away.  I wont panic until it's time to panic. I think the data shows even if Yoan is positive, there's a high likelihood he'll return to normal life in very few days. Obviously, anything CAN happen, but it's not panic time yet.

Also, at the risk of sounding like a broken record, it's possible that he's just showing symptoms and/or feeling under the weather and is thus understandably not practicing. This would be especially likely if it's true that today is the first day he was not with the team

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

:(

I find it strange that he was ready to play 5 days ago but now isn’t. 

He’s either asymptotic or isn’t out for covid.

It was only an hour ago.
It was all so different then.

I don't care if we lose Moncada, Abreu, Grandal, Robert and Giolito to Covid. All i want to do is get done with work for the day, sit down, and mentally drift away to something. we could be 20-40 or 40-20 and it'd mean the exact same to me. This season really doesn't matter at all. 

Unfortunately at a certain point you'll see someone like Trout opt out or test positive (Gallo has to be the biggest name so far?) & it will cause more and more pause to what they're even doing out there. Still holding out hope - but I'd have to think we're still at 50/50 for a season. 

2 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

I don't care if we lose Moncada, Abreu, Grandal, Robert and Giolito to Covid. All i want to do is get done with work for the day, sit down, and mentally drift away to something. we could be 20-40 or 40-20 and it'd mean the exact same to me. This season really doesn't matter at all. 

Unfortunately at a certain point you'll see someone like Trout opt out or test positive (Gallo has to be the biggest name so far?) & it will cause more and more pause to what they're even doing out there. Still holding out hope - but I'd have to think we're still at 50/50 for a season. 

I'm had my doubts they can get through training camp before shutting it down. It's impossible without a bubble. Nothing has changed. 

The NHL running theirs in Canada has the best shot of working. 

Also, Freddie Freeman is a bigger name than Gallo. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

51 minutes ago, fathom said:

This whole thing is a mess. There’s no way you can trust all the players to be responsible off the field.

Kinda disappointed if Yoan was indeed out frequenting bars in Indiana like Chili suggested. How stupid and selfish if true.