2 White Sox have Covid 19

Dick Allen

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Afternoon camp was open to the press today, so here is a list of guys we know are excused from camp or are not yet accounted for:

• Infielders (2)Cuthbert & Moncada
  • Outfielders (1): Engel
  • Starters (1): Kopech
  • Relievers (9): Anderson, Detwiler, Fry, Fulmer, Guerrero, Heuer, Johnson, Marshall, & Ruiz

The only name that really stands out to me other Moncada is Engel.  Otherwise, the second player has to be a reliever as all the other position players and starters have shown up in camp.

Pretty sure I’ve seen a photo of Fry

6 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Pretty sure I’ve seen a photo of Fry

Yup. Fry was throwing a bullpen next to Jimmy Cordero earlier this week.

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Afternoon camp was open to the press today, so here is a list of guys we know are excused from camp or are not yet accounted for:

•  Infielders (2)Cuthbert & Moncada
  • Outfielders (1): Engel
  • Starters (1): Kopech
  • Relievers (9): Anderson, Detwiler, Fry, Fulmer, Guerrero, Heuer, Johnson, Marshall, & Ruiz

The only name that really stands out to me other Moncada is Engel.  Otherwise, the second player has to be a reliever as all the other position players and starters have shown up in camp.

Cuthbert - Hahn said he's having trouble getting in the country. So it's not him because he wasn't administered. test on site.

Moncada - Strong case.

Engel - Have not seen/heard of him.

Kopech - I could be wrong but I don't believe he actually came to Chicago. It's possible he tested positive in Texas or where ever he lives and didn't leave to go to camp as a result. It's also possible he's missing from camp because of reasons unrelated to COVID.

Anderson - Have not seen/heard of him.

Detwiler - Have not seen/heard of him.

Fry - Was seen throwing a pen.

Fulmer - Have not seen/heard of him.

Guerrero - Found a picture from earlier today of him with a masked Renteria on some Columbian IG. "peloteroscol"

Hueur - Was seen throwing a pen with Jimmy Lambert.

Johnson - Seems he is in Chicago but no evidence of him at the stadium.

Marshall - Have not seen/heard of him.

Ruiz - Have not seen/heard of him.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Cuthbert - Hahn said he's having trouble getting in the country. So it's not him because he wasn't administered. test on site.

Moncada - Strong case.

Kopech - I could be wrong but I don't believe he actually came to Chicago. It's possible he tested positive in Texas or where ever he lives and didn't leave to go to camp as a result. It's also possible he's missing from camp because of reasons unrelated to COVID.

Guerrero - Found a picture from earlier today of him with a masked Renteria on some Columbian IG. "peloteroscol"

Appreciate the info raBBit!

32 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Moncada - Strong case.

Timmy has been around at camp. He even made a pit stop in the O to hang with King Von.

38 minutes ago, Tony said:

Anderson is 100% in camp, so we can cross that off. 

7 minutes ago, sj91 said:

I believe he's referring to Drew Anderson

38 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

Timmy has been around at camp. He even made a pit stop in the O to hang with King Von.

raBbit is referring to Drew Anderson the pitcher.

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Me too.  Rumors floating around Twitter that he’s hanging it up scare me.

Hanging it up doesn't make much sense.  99.9% chance those are just twitter troll rumors.  

37 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

The Kopech thing concerns me more than Moncada.  Hoping everything is good with him.

If we really are talking about mental health, it is a scary realm.  Whatever it is Kopech is looking for or needs, I hope he finds it.  While we all know him because he can throw a ball 105 mph, he's just as human as the rest of us and isn't some sort of super-human because of his ability to throw a ball.  Hopefully the kid gets whatever he needs for his own well-being.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

If we really are talking about mental health, it is a scary realm.  Whatever it is Kopech is looking for or needs, I hope he finds it.  While we all know him because he can throw a ball 105 mph, he's just as human as the rest of us and isn't some sort of super-human because of his ability to throw a ball.  Hopefully the kid gets whatever he needs for his own well-being.

He was really open about his mental health at Soxfest.  This situation is very concerning on a few levels with COVID being well down on the list. 

1 minute ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Andrew Vaughn is getting reps at 3rd base so that’s probably not good news regarding Moncada potentially having COVID. 

It means absolutely nothing. Abreu has gotten reps at 3rd base every day for the last 6 years

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Andrew Vaughn is getting reps at 3rd base so that’s probably not good news regarding Moncada potentially having COVID. 

Andrew Vaughn is at least a season away.  I think this is more about seeing if they can give him a skill other than 1B for the future.