2020 Schedule

2Deep

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

There will still be some rainouts, so there will still be some double headers.

...and new rules with suspended games. Games may get called before the 5th, and they'll pick up where they left off the day before...or when they face each other again.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Forgot about the rainouts. Wash out a two-day series and there could be major headaches. What happens if that St. Louis series or Cincinnati series hits a bad patch of weather? That could be a nightmare.

No fans at the game anyway, so just adjust the schedule to accommodate bad weather. 

22 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

9 games this season is drastic. Won't be too many dual off days and teams only have 6 days off as is. 

1%
Just depends if it’s the last game of the series. There will be more suspended games this season because they won’t be waiting for 3 hours if they have a game the next day and they know the weather will be more favorable. 
And another thing they can do is change start times earlier if they know the forecast is worse later on, like they do in the PGA. 

Edited by flavum

13 minutes ago, flavum said:

1%
Just depends if it’s the last game of the series. There will be more suspended games this season because they won’t be waiting for 3 hours if they have a game the next day and they know the weather will be more favorable. 
And another thing they can do is change start times earlier if they know the forecast is worse later on, like they do in the PGA. 

Good call on changing the times - no fans on attendance means no juggling ticket reimbursements, etc., they can just check the forecast the day before and let the teams know the schedule is updated. 

29 minutes ago, flavum said:

1%

I mentioned the time change in my earlier post. This post was about difficulties of rescheduling already rained out games. 

12 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

That would be such a lame team name.

You're right, but it's neutral and has Cleveland history behind it. What else is Cleveland known for? They could be the Cleveland Factories or the Cleveland Smokestacks or the Cleveland Garbageheaps I suppose

43 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

You're right, but it's neutral and has Cleveland history behind it. What else is Cleveland known for? They could be the Cleveland Factories or the Cleveland Smokestacks or the Cleveland Garbageheaps I suppose

Cleveland Riverfire. Where else does water start on fire?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

I did the math in my head. 33-27. 

There's no rhyme or reason. Just a hunch. 

Could be. First six games are huge with the Twins and Indians. Hopefully in the end, the Sox at least split with the Indians and Twins, and go 7-3 vs Tigers and Royals. Can’t lose more than one game a series with them. Going to be an interesting and exciting 60 games if they can pull this off.

Everyone remember how dramatic the last night of the 2011 regular season was with everyone watching the Red Sox and Rays games to see who clinches that final spot? I've got a feeling Game 60 Day is going to be crazy-fun with greater chances of teams being bunched up at the end of the season, less chance for teams to back away.

Whatever happens, the hunt for the playoffs is going to be wild, and I would bet we get to see a Game "163"/61.

1 hour ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Everyone remember how dramatic the last night of the 2011 regular season was with everyone watching the Red Sox and Rays games to see who clinches that final spot? I've got a feeling Game 60 Day is going to be crazy-fun with greater chances of teams being bunched up at the end of the season, less chance for teams to back away.

Whatever happens, the hunt for the playoffs is going to be wild, and I would bet we get to see a Game "163"/61.

Dude it’s gonna be so crazy that even the purist fans who want to scoff at this season are gonna be like, “You know what, dang, this is pretty awesome”.

6 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Dude it’s gonna be so crazy that even the purist fans who want to scoff at this season are gonna be like, “You know what, dang, this is pretty awesome”.

They will get on board just like they did when the wildcard rounds were added.  Good lord there were a lot of old grumps that didn't want that

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

They will get on board just like they did when the wildcard rounds were added.  Good lord there were a lot of old grumps that didn't want that

Yep.  Just think of all the teams that are gonna have a shot the final week.  All the great players battling to make it.  

I don’t want to see the normal routine of Mike Trout playing his last few games of a season with the Angels 10 GB, but I can’t wait to see him play when he’s 2 GB with 7 to play.  

30 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Why the Spiders? Am I missing some historical significance between spiders and Cleveland?

FWIW those hats would be f***ing sweet

The NL had a team named the Cleveland Spiders. It's a historic nod. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Why the Spiders? Am I missing some historical significance between spiders and Cleveland?

FWIW those hats would be f***ing sweet

Just a good old school name that actually has historical significance for the city

and yes those hats would be awesome

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Spiders