2020 Schedule

2Deep

1 hour ago, soxfan49 said:

Why the Spiders? Am I missing some historical significance between spiders and Cleveland?

FWIW those hats would be f***ing sweet

I'd love to see an all black hat with just the bright red hourglass from a black widow as an alternate uniform hat. 

• Love 1

I hate spiders so it would be quite fitting to match my general level of disdain for all things Cleveland sports.

They could call the team the Taint Lickers for all I care so long as the racist cartoon logo is put to rest forever...

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Just a good old school name that actually has historical significance for the city

and yes those hats would be awesome

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Spiders

I know it's subjective, but to me there has never been an easier decision in history.  *Even setting aside the controversy*, replacing "Indians" (an unoriginal, uninspired, dumb nickname shared with a million other teams, most of which have already dumped it) with "Spiders" (a historically significant, unique, interesting, cool nickname that presents limitless design and branding opportunities) is a no-brainer. I would actually be sort of jealous of a team called the "Spiders."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, flavum said:

I wish it would be this easy, but:

Cle/Min 10-10

KC/Det 14-6

Pit/Mil 5-3

Cin/StL 3-3

Cubs 3-3

35-25. That’s a division winner. 

I got to 35 wins too.  Seems feasible but who knows with this crazy season.

20 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

I got to 35 wins too.  Seems feasible but who knows with this crazy season.

It can go any way. Everyone points to the Nats record after 60 last year. Someone needs to be hot. A key injury is triple the pain. It should be fun, but a bad couple of weeks would be hard to recover from.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It can go any way. Everyone points to the Nats record after 60 last year. Someone needs to be hot. A key injury is triple the pain. It should be fun, but a bad couple of weeks would be hard to recover from.

Yep. I think since the season is short, those tanking teams will give it a shot as well. In a typical season, you will see teams start hot and flame out. If Seattle starts 13 and 2 for instance, I think their mindset will be different this year. It is important to note when considering SOS that teams will be trying this year, so there will be few gimmie series. I think you have to treat this like an NBA season were every game you try to win, and when a blowout is taking place, you rest folks. I don't think good teams will have the bad stretches we see from them because of the lack of travel, fans, and "Sunday Lineups". 

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Yep. I think since the season is short, those tanking teams will give it a shot as well. In a typical season, you will see teams start hot and flame out. If Seattle starts 13 and 2 for instance, I think their mindset will be different this year. It is important to note when considering SOS that teams will be trying this year, so there will be few gimmie series. I think you have to treat this like an NBA season were every game you try to win, and when a blowout is taking place, you rest folks. I don't think good teams will have the bad stretches we see from them because of the lack of travel, fans, and "Sunday Lineups". 

This has to screw up analytics a bit as well, doesn't it, at least as far as projections for this year, and next.

42 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This has to screw up analytics a bit as well, doesn't it, at least as far as projections for this year, and next.

For projections, it depends on how they model certain things. Your rate averages should still be pretty consistent, but there will be way more variance on the projections. The other big one could be injuries - it doesn't really make sense to just prorate expected games missed.

For season stats, ballpark independent stats may be more important, since park coverage of each team is more biased now. 

1 hour ago, gusguyman said:

I'd love to see an all black hat with just the bright red hourglass from a black widow as an alternate uniform hat. 

Just steal Richmond Univ's baseball uniforms and go from there. Keep the navy hat with red logo just as Cleveland (and RU for that matter) currently has, outline the logo in white and boom

Edited by soxfan49