Not Steve Cishek: White Sox could be “Big Time” buyers this offseason

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

I get the feeling that this winter will see the biggest discounts on deals that we will see for the next decade for sure.  If we can spent through this, there could be some big bargains.

Yeah - This seems to line up nicely. Sox like to be bargain shoppers so having ability to spend, team positioned well, etc, could be a real opportune time. Hopefully 2020's performance on the field backs this up (i.e., the team does well and young players continue to ascend).  

28 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

We may buy because the next 6 years will be a nice window, but we shall see. Who could we realistically pay that will make sense? Rookie is gonna want too much money. Mazara can be replaced and maybe GioG, but who else? 

our bullpen could be poo poo.  There's a lot of money needed there.. AND if Cease/Kopech don't progress, we will without a doubt need a front line starter.  PLUS Giolito could regress.  Our pitching still has many questions.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

22 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

our bullpen could be poo poo.  There's a lot of money needed there.. AND if Cease/Kopech don't progress, we will without a doubt need a front line starter.  PLUS Giolito could regress.  Our pitching still has many questions.

What front line starters will be available? I looked a few months back and saw Bauer, Q, Lester, Big Jake, and a few others in that class of arm. I think a trade is possible, but who would we trade? I'm not being cynical, I'd really like to hear what our realistic options are. 

28 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

What front line starters will be available? I looked a few months back and saw Bauer, Q, Lester, Big Jake, and a few others in that class of arm. I think a trade is possible, but who would we trade? I'm not being cynical, I'd really like to hear what our realistic options are. 

Not sure. But Bauer I assume would command a contract similar to Wheeler should he want to go LT and not these one years he's talked about.

Edited by Squirmin' for Yermin

19 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Not sure. But Bauer I assume would command a contract similar to Wheeler should he want to go LT and not these one years he's talked about.

Didn't Bauer previously say he wanted to go for only 1 year deals for the rest of his career?

I like Not Steve, he seems at least moderately reliable as a source. But this is a brilliant example of classic pundit BS. If true, he gets to retweet himself months later and look smart. If he is wrong, it will have been so long that no one will remember, and even if they did, they would be too mad at the White Sox to care about it.

* external event leading to massive suppression of salaries *

Reinsdorf: Rick I think this offseason let’s again try to find the exact equilibrium of supply and demand for some marquee free agents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1