Heads22

Kopech sitting out 2020 - files for divorce

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

If he has mental health issues he should speak to Greinke who overcame mental health issues early on to excel.

Greinke is definitely a good example of overcoming this anxiety issue stuff.

Greinke is a very different personality though, kopech is more of a social guy who is dating those celebrity girls while greinke is like this almost autistic, closed off guy so like almost the opposite of kopech in that regard.

• Like 1

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing,
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin,
When I say that I'm o.k. they look at me kind of strange,
Surely your not happy now you no longer play the game,

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing,
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin,
When I say that I'm o.k. they look at me kind of strange,
Surely your not happy now you no longer play the game,

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round.

I really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 10:17 PM, greg775 said:

As far as I'm concerned if an employee in any field is worried about coronavirus, he/she has the right to skip work and be paid. All of Kopech's concerns sound reasonable. It's his arm. He knows if he's ready to test it.

How old are you? Because there are probably zero professions right now where you can just "skip work" and be paid over coronavirus concerns. Everyone is concerned about the virus but unless you have a legit reason like being high-risk, good luck getting paid for just being worried about it.

I mean, you'd have zero people working if you could get paid and skip work over this. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CeaseAndExist said:

How old are you? Because there are probably zero professions right now where you can just "skip work" and be paid over coronavirus concerns. Everyone is concerned about the virus but unless you have a legit reason like being high-risk, good luck getting paid for just being worried about it.

I mean, you'd have zero people working if you could get paid and skip work over this. 

My employer has allowed employees to take the last 4 months off and still file and collect unemployment. $990 a week to stay home and know they have a job waiting for them whenever they wish to come back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

My employer has allowed employees to take the last 4 months off and still file and collect unemployment. $990 a week to stay home and know they have a job waiting for them whenever they wish to come back.

Damn, man. I’m broker than an old VCR, man. I need a job. Are they hiring at your job? I got a stack of red bills at my house.

Yeah, I can hardly blame him or anyone for opting out.

Especially Kopech. I really don't want to have my road back to baseball be in the middle of the absolute clusterf*ck that is this makeshift 2020 season. Rushed spring, rushed season. Not exactly an ideal situation for a pitcher returning from a long-rehab. 

19 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Jesus, you guys make more while unemployed than I do while working (not accounting for housing allowance). 

To be fair, minus additional duties/training, I'm working on average about 28 hours a week.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dan of Steel said:

Jesus, you guys make more while unemployed than I do while working (not accounting for housing allowance). 

To be fair, minus additional duties/training, I'm working on average about 28 hours a week.

I never took it. Been working 40 hours through this all. Just doesn't seem right to do that to the company, especially when $990 is still a pay cut and won't help me earn sick time, vacation time, 401K, hazard pay, etc. 

Kopech's wife just posted on Instagram that they're having a boy. There's the very valid reason for the opt out, and congrats to them. Kopech with dad strength will be tossing 105mph heaters in '21

• Like 3

Just now, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Kopech's wife just posted on Instagram that they're having a boy. There's the very valid reason for the opt out, and congrats to them. Kopech with dad strength will be tossing 105mph heaters in '21

Trout isn't opting out

3 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Yup.....Congrats to the Kopechs. 

I'm also glad it was this rumor that turned out to be true rather than the other one. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Great news!

6 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Trout isn't opting out

Trout's wife is a lot farther along than Kopech's. It makes a huge difference. 

8 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Correct, and not to mention, it doesn't matter at all. One guy could have a pregnant wife, an immunocompromised family, and still choose to play. That doesn't make another player wrong for opting out with some, or even none, of those circumstances

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Correct, and not to mention, it doesn't matter at all. One guy could have a pregnant wife, an immunocompromised family, and still choose to play. That doesn't make another player wrong for opting out with some, or even none, of those circumstances

Agreed. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, YoYoIsMyHero said:

Yes it is.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Either way they have legit reasons if they choose to.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Trout isn't opting out

Trout would be losing somewhere around 10 million by opting out, Kopech might be missing out on like 200k.

Here is his wife's Instagram post. She basically repeats the same mumbo jumbo over and over again, but no mention of Kopech in it at all. She doesnt even allude to him or a father in any way. 

Take it FWIW, but a guy in this reddit thread claims he has a good source who says they are no longer together. 

Hope Michael is OK.

Edited by Yearnin' for Yermin
  • Like 1