Heads22

Kopech sitting out 2020 - files for divorce

5 hours ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Here is his wife's Instagram post. She basically repeats the same mumbo jumbo over and over again, but no mention of Kopech in it at all. She doesnt even allude to him or a father in any way. 

Take it FWIW, but a guy in this reddit thread claims he has a good source who says they are no longer together. 

Hope Michael is OK.

There goes the gender reveal party. 

Would it be possible for Kopech to change his mind, and later decide to pitch this year? If so, could the Sox offer him some extra money, to entice him to do so, since he is not going to get credit for a year of service time?

Edited by Lillian

7 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Would it be possible for Kopech to change his mind, and later decide to pitch this year? If so, could the Sox offer him some extra money, to entice him to do so, since he is not going to get credit for a year of service time?

1. Yes, a player could theoretically opt in, but after today...?

2. The only way the White Sox could do something like that would be to offer him a new contract for future years, but if it was implied it was contingent on him playing this year they'd almost certainly face a grievance and lose it.

There goes the parentage party. Is Hollywood Squares next??

Really sucks for him. All the clues pointed to something like this, but maybe it's good this got reported on, maybe he'll speak on it, put everything to rest with the fans and can start the healing process for himself. 

And as we've all been discussing, if he's going to miss time....this is the season to do it. 

Good luck to Kopech, we should all be pulling for him. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

1. Yes, a player could theoretically opt in, but after today...?

2. The only way the White Sox could do something like that would be to offer him a new contract for future years, but if it was implied it was contingent on him playing this year they'd almost certainly face a grievance and lose it.

I thought it was mentioned that if and when a player opted out they cannot opt back in at any point during the season.

It could be advantageous for Michael, as it would provide him with an opportunity to establish himself, in order to virtually eliminate the possibility of management keeping him in the Minors, at the beginning of next season, which would cost him another year of service time. After just seeing that news regarding his failed marriage, perhaps being around his teammates might be good for his psyche. Who knows? 

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

That’s incredibly sad, especially for their newly conceived child.

My naive statement of the day: this is extremely selfish of them both.

Just now, HahnsKiddieTable said:

I thought it was mentioned that if and when a player opted out they cannot opt back in at any point during the season.

I think it depends on the reason for their opt out, but I couldn't quickly find that.

1 minute ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

If true, that answers my question. Oh well.

Warning for entire thread: Don't speculate like assholes without any information or proof to back it up. It's a marriage and his life, not simply about baseball. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

3 minutes ago, Baron said:

tenor.gif

^^^^^

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

I just hope Michael comes out of this whole situation OK, because this has to be a difficult time.

• Thanks 1

Wow. Splitting up at the same time with a new born on the way. I can't image a worst scenario. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Texsox said:

Wow. Splitting up at the same time with a new born on the way. I can't image a worst scenario. 

It might not be his kid, and they have ways to know that before the kid is born now. Hence the Maury Povich meme. 

I think this is the most likely scenario and would explain a bunch. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

i dont blame kopech getting a divoce if it not his kid that can runnied someone life and metal state

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

It might not be his kid, and they have ways to know that before the kid is born now. Hence the Maury Povich meme. 

Yep. Only so few reasons you’d divorce your pregnant wife before the child is due. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Flash Tizzle said:

Yep. Only so few reasons you’d divorce your pregnant wife before the child is due. 

There are basically only 3 reasons to do that:

1. Not your kid

2. She's fucking nuts

3. Both 1. and 2. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tony said:

Warning for entire thread: Don't speculate like assholes without any information or proof to back it up. It's a marriage and his life, not simply about baseball. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I feel for Kopech man. This is why I said before he tied the knot that I will never understand athletes marrying so young.