Heads22

Kopech sitting out 2020 - files for divorce

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It might not be his kid, and they have ways to know that before the kid is born now. Hence the Maury Povich meme. 

I think this is the most likely scenario and would explain a bunch. 

It would make sense, but how far along is she? It appears at least a couple of months. She would cheat on him a month or two in a marriage seems at least a little far fetched. Maybe not I suppose. I am sure we will find out about that part. 
We just have to hope he is doing well, and this doesn’t take him to a dark place.
Divorces are tough with kids involved. 

Edited by Dick Allen

I don't think Vanessa would be posting long happy posts on social media if she cheated on him and it wasn't his kid. The optics just wouldn't look good. She may announce a pregnancy, but I doubt she'd take it that far if it wasn't Kopech's kid. 

3 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I don't think Vanessa would be posting long happy posts on social media if she cheated on him and it wasn't his kid. The optics just wouldn't look good. She may announce a pregnancy, but I doubt she'd take it that far if it wasn't Kopech's kid. 

Did you read what she actually said? It didn't sound that happy to me.

Edited by Jack Parkman

I believe out of respect for two human beings going through something like this we should avoid speculation. It must be a painful situation for everyone involved. It doesn't really matter what they do for a living. 

So I guess no one took the warning seriously. Let's try this a different way. 

The speculation about who's child it might be, who cheated on who, why someone got divorced ends now. Let's all try and have just a shred of human decency around a 24 year olds divorce that seemingly is keeping him out of the entire season. 

If the speculation continues, the 5 day suspensions are next. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Texsox said:

I believe out of respect for two human beings going through something like this we should avoid speculation. It must be a painful situation for everyone involved. It doesn't really matter what they do for a living. 

True but unfortunately when even one part of the couple leads a public life let alone both, it's going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

So I guess no one took the warning seriously. Let's try this a different way. 

The speculation about who's child it might be, who cheated on who, why someone got divorced ends now. Let's all try and have just a shred of human decency around a 24 year olds divorce that seemingly is keeping him out of the entire season. 

If the speculation continues, the 5 day suspensions are next. 

Tony this is my fault, I didn't see your warning until after I made a few posts and replied to them. 

Apologies for the thread derailment. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

True but unfortunately when even one part of the couple leads a public life let alone both, it's going to happen.

Let it happen somewhere else. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Tony this is my fault, I didn't see your warning until after I made a few posts and replied to them. 

Apologies for the thread derailment. 

It's all good, thanks for the reply. You're fine. 

Just don't want it to continue. 

If it takes a village we can be Michael's village. 

5 minutes ago, SkokieSox said:

Is this not an open forum? Cancel culture on soxtalk? 

Following the board rules that you agree to when you sign up isn't "cancel culture", sorry bud.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Kopech is the father according to her reps (on twitter)

Edited by fathom
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Quin said:

Following the board rules that you agree to when you sign up isn't "cancel culture", sorry bud.

Signed up in 2004, but besides the matter. 

Can we all agree that it is offensive and anti Semitic to call Jerry Reinsdorf cheap then? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

TMZtalk.com!

You’re just mad Mercedes isn’t the father. Might be the only time he would have scored this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, SkokieSox said:

Signed up in 2004, but besides the matter. 

Can we all agree that it is offensive and anti Semitic to call Jerry Reinsdorf cheap then? 

Wow. Talk about taking it up a notch. Geez

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

You’re just mad Mercedes isn’t the father. Might be the only time he would have scored this year.

This post wins the thread. LMAO

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, SkokieSox said:

Where’s the line? 

You must really want to speculate about Kopech's wife. Trying to equate sports owner cheapness, a common topic on sports boards, to antisemitism in order to make your point seems a tad excessive, considering the original topic isn't even worth talking about to begin with. Kind of distasteful to just throw out antisemitism accusations over this horse shit issue, frankly.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, SkokieSox said:

Where’s the line? 

That's a great question and it seems impossible to define in advance. Instead the owner has placed the decision in the lap of the mod team based on over a decade of experience making these decisions. 

We have missed the mark before and will probably make a mistake again. In this we felt it's a 24 year old kid going through a professional nightmare and speculation seems cruel. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Vulture said:

You must really want to speculate about Kopech's wife. Trying to equate sports owner cheapness, a common topic on sports boards, to antisemitism in order to make your point seems a tad excessive, considering the original topic isn't even worth talking about to begin with. Kind of distasteful to just throw out antisemitism accusations over this horse shit issue, frankly.

Your opinion, but that’s what the forum is for, differing opinions. Shutting them down because of your sensitivity seems wrong to me. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, SkokieSox said:

Is this not an open forum? Cancel culture on soxtalk? 

Yes. We do observe minimal standards of common decency here. If that is too heavy of a lift please feel free to investigate other White Sox social media.