Kopech sitting out 2020 - files for divorce

Heads22

He doesn’t have elbow issues. Hahn said he was healthy. If it turned out he was anything but, he would lose all credibility with the press. He knows he doesn’t have enough time to get ready. He knows his service time will most likely be manipulated anyway, he knows this is going to be an odd “season”. He isn’t comfortable with the situation. Besides, he either wants to become an activist or his wife is pregnant or he is getting divorced. So far.

Whatever the reason, if he doesn’t feel right about coming back for 2 months, good for him to say I won’t be there. Hopefully, in February thinks will be closer to normal and we can see him then.

Just now, ChiSox1917 said:

If you could get two top 100 prospects back for him right now do you turn down the trade?  

I want kopech to succeed, but at this point, i really question his mental fortitude to do so

Depends on the prospects, although I’d definitely lean towards no.  That being said, why would any team trade for him right now?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm pretty sure they'd rather he be there, but they've handled and managed this well. 

If him sitting out has something to do with what "his role" was going to be this year as Fegan suggested, its debatable as to whether they handled it well or not.

25 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Lol....they got the 2019 year of service time back of course they were going to show tons of empathy. 

They didn't really get a year back he just doesn't earn another year. He has 1.41 years of service. That stays flat. He'll be a free agent after the 2025 season. There's a chance that they would've kept him under 2 years of service this year anyway to be honest. 

21 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I was going to say, no team is going to offer 2 top 100 prospects right now for him.

What you could see though, if it is true that the Sox are ready to be big spenders this off season, is using Kopech to get major league talent from other teams if those teams are looking to get rid of contracts but still demand talent back in return.

9 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Perspective.

It’s complicated for the front office and teammates, I’m sure. Obviously, they wish him the best as a human being, but you never know what they’re saying away from media. Hopefully six months from now, everything is better or getting better, and he’s ready for a normal spring training with the Sox. But you certainly couldn’t blame the front office if he’s no longer part of the rotation plans in 2021. 

1 hour ago, ChiSox1917 said:

If you could get two top 100 prospects back for him right now do you turn down the trade?  

I want kopech to succeed, but at this point, i really question his mental fortitude to do so

I really question his testicular fortitude as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NWINFan said:

I am not going to pass judgement on Kopech because like everyone else I have no idea what is happening to or with him. But from the very beginning, I have not liked the way he was handled. There was way too much hype and he was being touted as a savior before he threw one major league pitch. Regardless, I am not expecting much from him.

Couldn't that be said about a ton of prospects across the league for years? Trout? Look at Wander Franco right now.

For the Sox alone- Robert and Moncada, too. So what?

Edited by soxfan49

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Don't know about that. There are people who cannot put themselves in other peoples shoes. If a troll is someone who deliberately makes comments to stir the pot then he's not trolling if he truly believes what he just wrote.

It's Ron. Think about it. It's his schtick.

Y4Y is Ron. That should tell you all you need to know. Ron being Ron. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• knightni changed the title to Kopech sitting out 2020 - files for divorce
  • southsider2k5 locked this topic