Moncada, Ruiz placed on 10-day IL

Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

I would have thought Cuthbert but he's not there either. They're fiddly fucked at 3B

Scooter Gennett is still available but he thinks he's worth $5M  so prorate that down and what is it ? Plus he hasn't played too much 3rd base in his career.Bats left throws right .

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I never said that, I questioned whether or not he'd be ready for the start of the season. 

No you definitely said he is mostly dead and not coming back for 16 months

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

No you definitely said he is mostly dead and not coming back for 16 months

Mostly dead is not not dead. There's a big difference between dead and mostly dead. Mostly dead means he's slightly alive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But I thought he was going to miss the first week of the season Jack?  🤷‍♂

More importantly, as Hawk would say "Where's he gonna play?"  We already have the hot corner covered with Yermin, Yes?  :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But I thought he was going to miss the first week of the season Jack?  🤷‍♂

Can he be ready to go 10 days from now? That is the question. Moncada isn't even back yet so we have no way of knowing when he's going to be ready to play. If he does play OD, I hope that nobody jumps on his performance should he start slowly. He's a rep/feel based hitter so if he's not locked in to start don't be surprised. Should he start the season, I'm not expecting much from him for the first 2-3 weeks, and writing off it as covid ball if he has a  subpar 60 games. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Can he be ready to go 10 days from now? That is the question. Moncada isn't even back yet so we have no way of knowing when he's going to be ready to play. If he does play OD, I hope that nobody jumps on his performance should he start slowly. He's a rep/feel based hitter so if he's not locked in to start don't be surprised. Should he start the season, I'm not expecting much from him for the first 2-3 weeks, and writing off it as covid ball if he has a  subpar 60 games. 

Jack - I’m honestly not trying to be a dick, but are you completely insane?  Do you recall yourself panicking over a bunch of Moncada strikeouts to start spring training?  If anyone is going to freak out over a slow start it’s going to be you.

Edited by Chicago White Sox
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Jack - I’m honestly not trying to be a dick, but are you completely insane?  Do you recall yourself panicking over a bunch of Moncada strikeouts to start spring training?  If anyone is going to freak out over a slow start it’s going to be you.

No, I learned from that. I analyzed that situation and came to this conclusion. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Honestly, he is going to be the starting 3B if he only has 1 day of practice provided he’s healthy. This lineup can/will cover down for him if he struggles early getting into the swing of things and the upside that he brings far outweighs the idea of easing him into the lineup and playing a guy like Mendick or Cuthbert at 3rd base whose production would probably be about what Moncada gives you during a slow start anyways.

• Like 1

Thoughts:  if asymptomatic he could be hitting off machines or even off live pitching somewhere else and not be far behind. It is also possible he could feel fatigue for some time so I guess we’ll have to wait and see. 

1 hour ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Honestly, he is going to be the starting 3B if he only has 1 day of practice provided he’s healthy. This lineup can/will cover down for him if he struggles early getting into the swing of things and the upside that he brings far outweighs the idea of easing him into the lineup and playing a guy like Mendick or Cuthbert at 3rd base whose production would probably be about what Moncada gives you during a slow start anyways.

I don't disagree..I just don't expect a lot from him over the first 1-3 weeks of the season. He'll be fine by mid-August. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1