16 added to Schaumburg squad

BamaDoc

48 minutes ago, zisk said:

is Schaumburg going to play games against other taxi squads?

I believe they only practice together so that they limit the risk of exposure. 3 of the guys from the taxi squad (pitcher, catcher, position player) will travel with the big league team at all times so that they can be available immediately. 

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I can tell, there are 26 in Schaumburg, plus Mazara. Ian Hamilton wasn’t sent to the taxi squad.

Pitchers- Anderson, Burdi, Burr, Crochet, Dunning, Flores, Foster, Guerrero, Johnson, Lail, Lindgren, McRae, Mejia, Mitchell, Ruiz, Sousa, Stiever

Catchers- Mercedes, Zavala 

Infield- Goins, Madrigal, Vaughn

Outfield- Adolfo, Basabe, Gonzalez, Rutherford

48 minutes ago, flavum said:

As far as I can tell, there are 26 in Schaumburg, plus Mazara. Ian Hamilton wasn’t sent to the taxi squad.

Pitchers- Anderson, Burdi, Burr, Crochet, Dunning, Flores, Foster, Guerrero, Johnson, Lail, Lindgren, McRae, Mejia, Mitchell, Ruiz, Sousa, Stiever

Catchers- Mercedes, Zavala 

Infield- Goins, Madrigal, Vaughn

Outfield- Adolfo, Basabe, Gonzalez, Rutherford

This is why they had Mercedes and Vaughn play third. With this group they can scrimmage now. 😁

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Seems like the Sox will be fairly aggressive with Kelley next year, which I like given his advanced feel for pitching for a high schooler.

I really love the White Sox strategy with their 2nd round picks the last 2 years

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The Kannapolis rotation is going to be a ton of fun to watch next year with Kelley, Thompson, Dalquist, & Vera all in it.

And I had forgotten about Vera.  Thanks.  It is an exciting time to be a White Sox fan.

I do love my Cannonballers hat from '47.  We have friends we visit in NC and will have to catch some Kannapolis games live when the minors are up and running again.  

• Like 1

On 7/15/2020 at 11:42 AM, Balta1701 said:

I believe they only practice together so that they limit the risk of exposure. 3 of the guys from the taxi squad (pitcher, catcher, position player) will travel with the big league team at all times so that they can be available immediately. 

khVPHo0GpN1SVUuDbwoS_Ld1yfnSE2oJ41bA33Gp

Thursday is the first day that Madrigal can be called up without costing the Sox a year of control. What are the odds they don't even pretend to hide their intentions and just call him up prior to Friday's game? Or will they wait until the Brewers series on Monday figuring they can get past the Royals without him just fine?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Thursday is the first day that Madrigal can be called up without costing the Sox a year of control. What are the odds they don't even pretend to hide their intentions and just call him up prior to Friday's game? Or will they wait until the Brewers series on Monday figuring they can get past the Royals without him just fine?

I don't think it's a lock he comes up right away like so many seem to be expecting. Might not be the Brewers series either.

4 hours ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Thursday as in today?  Or a week from today?