JR worried about 2021 season

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

No one wants to hear you f'ing cry. If it's such a terrible awful business sell the team to one of the ten groups trying to buy the Mets.  

That didn't take long.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Maybe he shouldn't have needlessly handed Jose Abreu $18M in 2021.  Kidding.....

Sort of....

Did Ron hack your account?

There's nothing stopping owners from asking for economic concessions if there will be no fans in 2021. 

Everyone already knows where I stand on this and I'm tired of arguing it. Only posting neutral comments/news in this thread from now until next spring. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Nothing stopping them from asking for anything.

They could just say "we're not playing unless blah blah blah" and enter in another round of negotiations. 

Quite frankly they should just tear up the last year of the CBA and deal with it now. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

40 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

No one wants to hear you f'ing cry. If it's such a terrible awful business sell the team to one of the ten groups trying to buy the Mets.  

When the time comes...I don't want a "group"...just one very rich guy who can't stand losing.  A person who is willing to spend the money and hold the executives accountable for results.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

They could just say "we're not playing unless blah blah blah" and enter in another round of negotiations. 

Quite frankly they should just tear up the last year of the CBA and deal with it now. 

You mean like using the pandemic to bully the players into signing a new owner friendly CBA?? They would NEVER even think about doing anything like that......

28 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

You mean like using the pandemic to bully the players into signing a new owner friendly CBA?? They would NEVER even think about doing anything like that......

Nailed it. I think that continuity is important for any sport right now. For some reason fans tend to side with ownership over players. I don't get it, but it is what it is. 

EDIT(Before another person jumps on me I was clarifying my position because I wasn't sure whether or not he knew) 

I think they can get it done if there's an opt out for the players if things ever go back to the way they were BC(before covid) 

Edited by Jack Parkman

47 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There's nothing stopping owners from asking for economic concessions if there will be no fans in 2021. 

Everyone already knows where I stand on this and I'm tired of arguing it. Only posting neutral comments/news in this thread from now until next spring. 

18 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Nailed it. I think that continuity is important for any sport right now. For some reason fans tend to side with ownership over players. I don't get it, but it is what it is. 

I think they can get it done if there's an opt out for the players if things ever go back to the way they were BC(before covid) 

29 minutes, that is a new personal best!

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

29 minutes, that is a new personal best!

Please explain.....I wasn't sure that @Harold's Leg Lift knew my position so I clarified it as quickly and succinctly as I could. 

I don't think I put too much opinion in that post other than saying I agreed with him.

What the hell...I really don't think what I said was that opinionated at all. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

19 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

#Ron

18 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Anybody with half a brain can see that was an awful contract. Completely unnecessary. i will be surprised if we don't have a 1st baseman (Vaughn) and a DH (Yermin, Collins) that are better than him by next year.

4 minutes ago, Yearnin' for Yermin said:

Anybody with half a brain can see that was an awful contract. Completely unnecessary. i will be surprised if we don't have a 1st baseman (Vaughn) and a DH (Yermin, Collins) that are better than him by next year.

I'm sorry but you cannot ignore the extensions of Moncada and Robert when you figure out whether that was or was not an awful contract for Abreu.  You cannot look at the contract in a vacuum without taking into account the entirety of the situation with the ball club and its future imho.

Edited by wegner
  • Like 1