Trade Activity

Flash

I think teams are less likely to trade depth pieces because any team could lose 2-3 guys to covid for 2-3 weeks at any time.

I could see teams dumping close to ready or soon (2021) rule 5 eligible guys this year to rebuilding teams who are willing to play not quite ready prospects in the majors.

6 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I could see some teams desperate to dump salary for prospects.

Payrolls and $$$ could make for an interesting trade season.  In general I think most teams aren't going to do much, but it will be interesting to see if anyone HAS to move cash out of their doors, and what the premium will look like for those who are wiling to take it on.

I'm thinking that the Marlins will trade Jonathan Villar before the trade deadline. If there's any position on the Sox that could use a much better player its 2nd base. He's only signed for this year so if he has a good year he should be available for the last 30 games . What he's worth for 30 games and playoffs, I have no idea what the Marlins would want. Hell you could offer something for him now if trades are allowed now.

On 7/20/2020 at 12:38 PM, southsider2k5 said:

Payrolls and $$$ could make for an interesting trade season.  In general I think most teams aren't going to do much, but it will be interesting to see if anyone HAS to move cash out of their doors, and what the premium will look like for those who are wiling to take it on.

Yeah the mets are one team that may be an obvious choice. They are trying to sell so moving out guys like Cano (if they can) and Familia makes a ton of sense.