Road Sox @ Home Sox | 7.16.20 Intrasquad GameThread

Tnetennba

Just now, soxfan49 said:

Garfein is such a turd

He’s fine in what he does away from the whole game thing. Benetti is just terrible. I don’t get how anyone enjoys listening to him for 3 hours every night. Hoping WGN syncs up close enough with Masur and DJ.

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Thought his slider has looked great multiple times and his fastball needs to find its release but he was fine. He faced actual good big leaguers.

What happened to Rodon hitting 100 couple weeks ago? I thought I saw that somewhere on Twitter. I was basing my optimism about him off of that. 

Needless to say if he's throwing 92 he doesn't have the control for that. 

I hope it's just dead arm or something. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

He’s fine in what he does away from the whole game thing. Benetti is just terrible. I don’t get how anyone enjoys listening to him for 3 hours every night. Hoping WGN syncs up close enough with Masur and DJ.

Does Benetti have a quota every game he must hit for rambling about how baseball can’t solve COVID, but it’s a good distraction?  

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

I don't mean Garfein is bad at his job. I just think he's a goober. Everything anyone does is the coolest thing he's ever seen. I like Benetti a lot

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What happened to Rodon hitting 100 couple weeks ago? I thought I saw that somewhere on Twitter. I was basing my optimism about him off of that. 

Needless to say if he's throwing 92 he doesn't have the control for that. 

I hope it's just dead arm or something. 

Rodon has never thrown anywhere close to 100, I have no idea where you get that idea from. According to Rotowire, His FB has averaged a tick over 93 every MLB season, with the exception of 2019 when he was at 91.5. 

So if he's averaging 92 that's pretty good given that he's still working his way back. His control looked fine, but his command wasn't there. He left too many pitches over the plate. Hopefully that improves the further he gets from TJS. Especially for slider-heavy pitchers it can take 18-24 months to get the pre-injury command/feel back