WhiteSox @ Cubs | 7.19.20 | 7:05PM

Whisox05

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

2B is also a premium position.  let's not go wild acuna is on his own level.  robert hasn't done anything in MLB yet.

Moncada plays 3b.

Robert is much better defensively than Acuna. I’m not impressed by Acuna defensively. Offensively, I think Robert has as much or even more power but will hit for a Slightly lower avg and OBP. 

• Like 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

Moncada is not gonna play 2B for the foreseeable future. You are better than that @chitownsportsfan

sorry I meant 3B.  You get maybe half a win more at CF and as I mentioned Moncada can get on base 40% of the time.  Even in his prime Robert will struggle with a .340 OBP.

Robert is his own player.  So is Yoan.  Yoan has already done quite a bit at the MLB level.  Robert hasn't done anything and it's not fair to compare them.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

sorry I meant 3B.  You get maybe half a win more at CF and as I mentioned Moncada can get on base 40% of the time.  Even in his prime Robert will struggle with a .340 OBP.

Robert is his own player.  So is Yoan.  Yoan has already done quite a bit at the MLB level.  Robert hasn't done anything and it's not fair to compare them.

Potential.  And it still took Moncada over two seasons to come into his own at the big league level...

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Question was who has the higher ceiling. To me, it’s Robert. If Robert is hitting 50 bombs in his prime, his OBP will be well above 340 because no one will pitch to him. Then it’s just a matter of him being patient and not chasing pitches outside the zone. He’s only 22. He’s only going to get better from here.

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Question was who has the higher ceiling. To me, it’s Robert. If Robert is hitting 50 bombs in his prime, his OBP will be well above 340 because no one will pitch to him. Then it’s just a matter of him being patient and not chasing pitches outside the zone. He’s only 22. He’s only going to get better from here.

for sure.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Potential.  And it still took Moncada over two seasons to come into his own at the big league level...

The question was ceiling. I’m not saying Robert’s going to hit for a 900 OPS this season although it wouldn’t surprise me if he did.

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

50 is expecting a bit too much.

Let’s just go with 35 to low 40’s per season...those would still be a HoF trajectory, with all the other tools he brings to the table.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

By this same argument, Tatis will be better than Acuna.

How old were Pujols or Frank Thomas when they debuted?  21 and 22.   

it's just odds, if you're putting up 10 war before 22, I don't care if Luis Robert does exist, Acuna Jr was doing it when Robert was rehabbing a thumb.  Anyways, I love our guys but Acuna Jr is special and at this moment is already a superstar.  Robert just can be one.

2 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I'm kind of a noob, what do these numbers mean?

Exit velocity aka how fast the ball is coming off the bat in mph. The best hitters in the game avg exit velocity is in the low 90's. Moncada's is 93.6 for example. 

Edited by YoYoIsMyHero