AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

12 minutes ago, skooch said:

I love how Jason refers to the ivy as "brush", though I think it would be really awesome if he'd call it what it really is, "the weeds".

I thought he called it shrubbery as in "its another shrubbery" referring to the double into the ivy and one of his HR's into the green shrubbery adorning the CF hitters background.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I thought he called it shrubbery as in "its another shrubbery" referring to the double into the ivy and one of his HR's into the green shrubbery adorning the CF hitters background.

My recollection is that he referred to the hitting background in CF at GRF as "shrubbery" when Robert deposited a pitch there during one of the intrasquad games. Though, I didn't actually see the entire game tonight, so maybe he did.

Edited by skooch

That was very enjoyable even with no fans. Looks like the quality of baseball will be excellent. The guy that started for the Sox looked awful. I love Eloy and Robert of course. Grandal looked great. And once again Leury was fine. Now I feel better about letting him start over Madrigal. Leury is a pro.

Is there any reason to not let 2000 fans go to games? Have no parking attendants, no concessions available, make 2 men's bathrooms and 2 women's available for the 2000 fans. It's silly to not allow 2000 fans in a 40000 stadium.

Edited by greg775
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

That was very enjoyable even with no fans. Looks like the quality of baseball will be excellent. The guy that started for the Sox looked awful. I love Eloy and Robert of course. Grandal looked great. And once again Leury was fine. Now I feel better about letting him start over Madrigal. Leury is a pro.

Is there any reason to not let 2000 fans go to games? Have no parking attendants, no concessions available, make 2 men's bathrooms and 2 women's available for the 2000 fans. It's silly to not allow 2000 fans in a 40000 stadium.

How about let's not b**** about fans until thousands of people every day aren't showing up as new covid cases around the country.  Wear your mask.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, skooch said:

My recollection is that he referred to the hitting background in CF at GRF as "shrubbery" when Robert deposited a pitch there during one of the intrasquad games. Though, I didn't actually see the entire game tonight, so maybe he did.

I'm presupposing that Benetti is also referencing "The Knights of Ni"/Monty Python and the Holy Grail when he says "another shrubbery".

9 hours ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

He did revisit his Monty Python call from the previous game.

5 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Konerko never would have scored from first on that double 😂 

Never a big Hawk fan, but it did make me laugh every time he talked about PK running the bases with a refrigerator strapped to his back.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

How about let's not b**** about fans until thousands of people every day aren't showing up as new covid cases around the country.  Wear your mask.

LOL at "b****" about fans. That's a great characterization of what I was doing. You would make a great attorney BTW. Hopefully that's your field. You'd make a lot of money as a trial attorney.

First game on TV without fans is a big topic of discussion. I made a comment on it, lol, suggestion a couple thousands fans would be a threat to nobody in such a huge stadium with no concessions.

Edited by greg775

17 minutes ago, greg775 said:

LOL at "b****" about fans. That's a great characterization of what I was doing. You would make a great attorney BTW. Hopefully that's your field. You'd make a lot of money as a trial attorney.

First game on TV without fans is a big topic of discussion. I made a comment on it, lol, suggestion a couple thousands fans would be a threat to nobody in such a huge stadium with no concessions.

For sure Greg, on the day that covid restrictions were put back in place because people are inconsiderate selfish asshats, Lets talk about how it's no big deal to put them in stadiums to watch a game that anyone can watch on tv.  Great idea Greg, one of your many 

• Haha 3