Team Runs Scored in 2020

JUSTgottaBELIEVE

Team Runs Scored in 2020  

23 members have voted

1. 1. How many runs will the White Sox score in 2020?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/25/2020 at 12:00 AM

I voted under, but the more I think about it, that is like 5.5 R/G so I think we go over that, especially with the  mess that pitching is going to be this year, between COVID and injuries related to the type of training pitchers have gotten this year, plus how much shorter good starters are going to be able to go early this year, I keep thinking how many innings are going to be thrown by really BAD pitchers this year.  I think we might end up closer to 350 runs scored.

2 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

That would be 5.42 runs per game. I'm really high on the offense, but only the Yankees, Twins, Astros, Red Sox, and Dodgers eclipsed that mark last year. League average of 4.83. I'll take the under but it won't be too far away IMO

It’s a high mark but I think runs are going to be up all around baseball. Universal DH and all games being played in warm weather (runs scored are generally lowest in March/April) being the two biggest factors.

Just now, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

This poll assumes 60 regular season games played.

Well then how am I supposed to prove I am smarter than everyone with reflexive pessimism while also building in a perfect excuse if I am wrong? Poll's rigged man.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 2:49 PM, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Anybody that selected UNDER want to change their pick yet? 

On 7/20/2020 at 9:17 AM, gusguyman said:

I took the under, but partially because I am factoring in that playing all 60 games isn't certain.

Not especially 

1 hour ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

On pace for 333. It’s going to be close!

Just keep the games with the Tigers (no Mize recall please), Royals and Pirates coming on that schedule.   And we've accomplished this without Mazara in the line-up and Jimenez/Anderson missing a few games as well.

Rodon/Giolito/Keuchel the next three up against the Brewers, who are missing Cain and have Yelich struggling mightily out of the gate.

Edited by caulfield12

13 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just keep the games with the Tigers (no Mize recall please), Royals and Pirates coming on that schedule.   And we've accomplished this without Mazara in the line-up and Jimenez/Anderson missing a few games as well.

Rodon/Giolito/Keuchel the next three up against the Brewers, who are missing Cain and have Yelich struggling mightily out of the gate.

We can’t forget the Cardinals who used to have the Pujols/Rolen/Edmonds combo. Don’t think the Cubs, Brewers, Reds & Pirates have forgotten those days for one second.  Hell even the Astros remember from 2005 and they were running out the killer B’s, Clemens, Pettite & Oswalt.  

Robert, Moncada, Jimenez, Grandal, Abreu is going to be epic especially knowing that Vaughn is waiting in the wings. He just has to leap frog Encarnacion/Collins and team up with Abreu.  Mazara is out there too so you can’t sleep on Engel/Delmonico fighting for their lives.

Reminds me of other AL powerhouses from the East years back when Boston/New York were tops with the Rays and Baltimore close behind  

Edited by Jerksticks