Sox had highest ratings since 2012!

southsider2k5

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2020/06/05/mlb-biggest-sports-loser-during-covid-19-pandemic/3154841001/

I actually think (televised) baseball will be fine.

It works better than FB and BB without massive crowd noise, and the amount of physical contact is so much less than those two sports...plus the huge number of players/coaches/staff required for football.  They’re already cancelling non-conference games like Iowa-Iowa State.

There’s really a huge hunger for any type of live sports now, the golf challenge with Woods/Mickelson/Brady/Manning just reinforced that.  Golf is also well-suited, imo.

“A polite ovation of golf claps is in order as the PGA Tour's Memorial Tournament, which won a quiet Sunday night in the ratings. The tournament, which aired on CBS, delivered a 0.5 in the adults 18-49 demographic and 5.25 million viewers.“

This is still a bit surprising to me, but Sunday night primetime guess it makes sense.

Would have guessed the Eloy-cubs game last year would have been similar. Seemed like that was pretty hyped with chance to hit .500 and it being sox/cubs.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

This is still a bit surprising to me, but Sunday night primetime guess it makes sense.

Would have guessed the Eloy-cubs game last year would have been similar. Seemed like that was pretty hyped with chance to hit .500 and it being sox/cubs.

Yeah, but there were probably a lot of cub fans that didn't have access to their channel so they had to watch the Sox broadcast.