Predict how many wins it will take to make the playoffs

brijames1957

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Too high.  That's roughly a .620 winning percentage -- equivalent to a 100 game winner.  Only four teams in MLB had that through 60 games last season, and that had three really fast starters in the Yankees, Twins, Astros.  I think 33 or 34 wins does it.

Maybe, but I’m calling the Twins and Sox the two best teams in the Centrals. 

On 7/21/2020 at 3:14 PM, SoxBlanco said:

The Dodgers were the only team in the entire NL with more than 34 wins after 60 games last year. 

I’m gonna guess the AL Central winner has 36 wins, and the second wild card has 34. 

Yeah but teams will play try to play their best ball from day one. Can't take any days off this year, so teams will have better records. 

5 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If everyone is trying their hardest, isnt it the exact same as everyone trying a little less hard? 

Nope. You won't see as many bad players in the games and tank strategies. Now the cream will still rise to the top, just less of the intentional garbage. The second half of last year the Sox could have fielded a much better product out there, but since they were half tanking they didn't. 

29 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Nope. You won't see as many bad players in the games and tank strategies. Now the cream will still rise to the top, just less of the intentional garbage. The second half of last year the Sox could have fielded a much better product out there, but since they were half tanking they didn't. 

Rosters are bigger than ever. I dont know man... with more teams making the playoffs it seems to me that everyone will be trying equally hard.. and with more guys in the league that means worse players will play thos year for everyone than they would in a standard year. 

Using last year’s standings after 60 games and the new playoff format, the AL Wild Card teams would have had 31 and 30 wins and the NL Wild Card teams would have both had 31 wins. So nobody under .500 would have made it last year, but I’ll say one of the leagues has a 29-31 team make it this year. 

• Like 1

So who are the contenders for the 7th and 8th slots?  If you say, for the sake of argument, that the first six are 1. Yankees 2. Astros 3. Twins 4. Indians 5. TB 6. A's, then the other contenders are Sox, Angels, Rangers, Blue Jays, then maybe Red Sox (have you seen their rotation?!) and Royals? I can't believe I'll be scoreboard watching Angels/Rangers games from the start of the season, but... Go Sox!

20 minutes ago, Timmy U said:

So who are the contenders for the 7th and 8th slots?  If you say, for the sake of argument, that the first six are 1. Yankees 2. Astros 3. Twins 4. Indians 5. TB 6. A's, then the other contenders are Sox, Angels, Rangers, Blue Jays, then maybe Red Sox (have you seen their rotation?!) and Royals? I can't believe I'll be scoreboard watching Angels/Rangers games from the start of the season, but... Go Sox!

I consider the Twins and Indians paper people...Let's just win the division!!

And to answer the OP question...32 wins to get in

Edited by wegner