Jason Bennetti Haters Club

HollywoodTim

6 hours ago, HollywoodTim said:
5 hours ago, HollywoodTim said:

Also he follows the players wives on their social media accounts and then quotes them on air.  I don't even follow my own wife's social media accounts.  I don't know if it's more uncomfortably feminine than creepy or more creepy than uncomfortably feminine behavior, but it's a lot of both, and it's also cringe time for me when it happens.

Have you been having thoughts or dreams with homoerotic undertones that you're ashamed of? 

All jokes aside, this is one of the dumbest things that I've ever seen here. I can't decide if this post is more misogynist than homophobic or if its more homophobic than misogynist but its certainly completely stupid.

Edited by Joshua Strong
  • Thanks 7

The most annoying part of the broadcasts is Garfien if anything. Not when he's filling in for Stone, but in his typical role. I like him on podcasts, I just don't think his style translates well on TV, and he doesn't really offer anything interesting

I thought Benetti was fine on the intrasquad games. I actually wondered if he was more at ease without Stone. Anyway, I figure we can do a lot lot worse. 

Edited by BamaDoc
  • Like 1

I’m not agreeing with the reasons of the OP but it’s such a sad culture in today’s world. If someone has their own reasoning for an opinion that differs from your own, then it’s time to label it with trendy PC language like homophobe, incel or misogynistic and pretend to be terribly offended. 

It is pretty pathetic.  

Edited by Gunzaan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hawk or die for me. I miss em and wish he was back. And I know everyone will laugh but that Sox game Walton did was pretty entertaining surprisingly. I’m not a fan of Walton but it was different for sure and kinda fun. That being said i’m not  a fan of benetti at all. He and Stone are to snarky for me but not as bad as they were before. And I know i’m In the minority but I love D.J on the radio. He Tells  it like it is and calls out the guys for bad play throwing and having a bad at bat. 

8 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

Ignoring the latent sexism in the OP, Steve Stone is the problem in the broadcast booth, not Jason.  If you listen to the guy with anyone else, he is 10 times better than he is with Stone.  There is just zero chemistry between these two guys.

Do you actually listen to any of the broadcasts featuring these two in the booth?  They have exhibited extraordinary chemistry in their broadcasting relationship, particularly in the past few years over the “rebuild” when the on-field product has been anything close to desirable.  They have both been vocal in their agreed-upon view of the team’s potential going forward.

BTW - anyone in agreement with SS2K5 that there is “just zero chemistry between” Jason & Stoney?

Edited by Thad Bosley
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gunzaan said:

I’m not agreeing with the reasons of the OP but it’s such a sad culture in today’s world. If someone has their own reasoning for an opinion that differs from your own, then it’s time to label it with trendy PC language like homophobe, incel or misogynistic and pretend to be terribly offended. 

It is pretty pathetic.  

I don't know he could have just said he didn't like Jason and left it at that for discussion, but then he went into the social media diatribe and the rails broke off.

I like Jason, and I think he and Stone together are good.  They do get sidetracked at times when Jason tries to be funny (and actually is), but Stone doesn't seem to either get it or care to get it.  However, I do enjoy listening to them.

Jason doesn't have the calls like Hawk did (HR call, "he gone", "gas!", etc.), but he may develop those over time.

9 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

Have you been having thoughts or dreams with homoerotic undertones that you're ashamed of? 

All jokes aside, this is one of the dumbest things that I've ever seen here. I can't decide if this post is more misogynist than homophobic or if its more homophobic than misogynist but its certainly completely stupid.

lol it's a hiney bird!

1 left hand hand turn that lasts forever until the drive is no more

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, pettie4sox said:

I don't know he could have just said he didn't like Jason and left it at that for discussion, but then he went into the social media diatribe and the rails broke off.

If you are a "man" and you are following the players wives on twitter and then quoting them then you are a very special kind of uber-effeminate dork at the very least.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Gunzaan said:

It is pretty pathetic.  

I wish I could upvote this statement more than once.

Apparently about 1/4 of the posters in this thread have no actual male friends, or if they do, they're all baristas at starbucks and/or producers for the Ellen show.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

We will see if Jason can call a 420 hr off the bat this year. One of my peaves.

His voice is too high and dorky and he uses too many words.  I think the best he could do is something like "Gone!" really fast, and then let Stone take over.  He needs a "Seeya!" type HR call because the longer he speaks the more dorky he sounds.

I have seen a suggestion somewhere about Benetti (see I spelled his name correctly this time) using Hawk's signature calls. PLEASE GOD NO.  Just have the producer hit a button and add the replay Hawk call.  Or get another broadcaster entirely.  Or move him to the radio PBP.  I think he would work better with DJ anyway.  I don't know the new guy as I haven't had the radio on but maybe the Masur guy could do TV PBP instead.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

Also please change your gender to female.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The first couple of years, I thought these guys were a train wreck. It seemed like everything had to be some sort of joke, and while some are funny, when you have 100 duds, it's hard to remember the funny. I thought once Jason had the job full time, it got much better. I don't have a problem with the telecast at all. I think it's really good. 

I do think they should switch our Chuck with Leila Rehimi. Our Chuck seems more like a pre and post guy. Leila knows her shit. I think she should be the field reporter when we get back to somewhat normal. 

51 minutes ago, HollywoodTim said:

Apparently about 1/4 of the posters in this thread have no actual male friends, or if they do, they're all baristas at starbucks and/or producers for the Ellen show.

You are the Manliest Man, and that definitely has nothing to do with whatever is going on beneath the surface. There are plenty of fair critiques one could make of Benetti but this one is a hilarious way of projecting your own issues to the world

• Thanks 3

This is not a political or personal attack thread.

Please refrain from negative terminologies and stereotyping or your posting ability will be suspended.

You can dislike someone's style, but creating a hate "club" is too far.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HollywoodTim said:

lol it's a hiney bird!

1 left hand hand turn that lasts forever until the drive is no more

If you are a "man" and you are following the players wives on twitter and then quoting them then you are a very special kind of uber-effeminate dork at the very least.

His voice is too high and dorky and he uses too many words.  I think the best he could do is something like "Gone!" really fast, and then let Stone take over.  He needs a "Seeya!" type HR call because the longer he speaks the more dorky he sounds.

I have seen a suggestion somewhere about Benetti (see I spelled his name correctly this time) using Hawk's signature calls. PLEASE GOD NO.  Just have the producer hit a button and add the replay Hawk call.  Or get another broadcaster entirely.  Or move him to the radio PBP.  I think he would work better with DJ anyway.  I don't know the new guy as I haven't had the radio on but maybe the Masur guy could do TV PBP instead.

Also please change your gender to female.

So we've got that females are inferior to men (otherwise why would "female" be an insult)?  We have that being gay is inferior to being straight, otherwise why need the gay culture slurs, as well as other stereotypes such as a "high" voice and ones I don't understand like working at Starbucks.  I think at this point there is only one thing to do at this point:

*Consider this a warning.  Soxtalk is an inclusive spot, with a membership that covers just about every stereotype you just crapped on, not to mention a myriad of others.  We don't allow hate speech, even when it there is an attempt to cutely hide it, but still use it as an obvious attempt at an insult.  Further instances will result in suspensions and/or banning from the page.  If you can't handle that, you are on the wrong page, feel free to find a new home.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Is this based on HollywoodTim's opinion?  You're allowed to have your opinions but it just seems like you're being extra for no reason.  Your rhetoric does scream you have mad insecurity issues though.  A real "man" wouldn't care about how another man does his job as long as his employer is satisfied with his performance.  See I can do that too.

• Thanks 1