MLB 2020 Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

17 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Brady Singer is starting the season with the Royals.  That's awesome. I love that feakin dude.  

Came here to post this. Excited to watch him from a prospect standpoint but I have a feeling White Sox fans are going to HATE him in short order. Dude seems like a huge red-ass.

22 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I have a feeling Dane Dunning is gonna be a favorite of some on this board when he eventually comes up then. 

Dunning always seems like the quiet nerd type to me. 

I miss Alec “Pitchface” Hansen.

45 minutes ago, pcq said:

Love the opening ceremonies everywhere. I would choose and celebrate the song America by Ray Charles which has no equal. Time to clean house, no announcements necessary. 

I too love that rendition.  It is an incredibly touching tribute by Ray Charles. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danschlossberg/2020/07/24/covid-19-kayos-both-braves-catchers-flowers-darnaud-out-of-atlantas-opening-day-lineup/#b56e55a7ab6d

Just hours before their season opener in New York Friday, the Braves announced that both of their veteran catchers were home in Atlanta showing mild symptoms of the virus. The news was first reported by Braves beat writer David O’Brien of The Athletic via Twitter.

Without Travis d’Arnaud and Tyler Flowers, the team promoted Alex Jackson and William Contreras to handle the catching chores until the regulars return. To illustrate the fragility of that situation, Jackson and Contreras combined have played only four major-league games – all by Jackson.

On the other hand, Contreras has good baseball blood-lines as he is the younger brother of Willson Contreras, All-Star catcher for the Chicago Cubs.

The rain-shortened opening game between the New York Yankees and World Series champion Washington Nationals drew an audience of 4 million viewers, according to Nielsen fast nationals. That's the largest audience for an opening night game ever, breaking the previous record of 3.7 million viewers in 2017 (Chicago Cubs-St. Louis Cardinals).

Thursday's game, which was cut short by rain in Washington, was also the most watched regular season MLB game on any network since 2011 — a span of nine years. It was way up from ESPN's opening night game last year: That contest between the Boston Red Sox and Seattle Mariners drew just 1.19 million viewers.

A late game between the Los Angeles Dodgers and San Francisco Giants delivered 2.76 million viewers, the largest ESPN audience ever for a late night (in the Eastern time zone) game. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/major-league-baseball-opener-sets-ratings-record-espn-1304386

3 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Those rules are nothing but a bunch of eyewash.  Absolutely no way they can or will ever be enforced.  

Then this won’t last long. The only thing preventing the entire Mets team from requiring quarantine right now is Cespedes not having it. You only get that so many tins before someone does.