Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DirtySox

White Sox 30 Man Roster Announced

Recommended Posts

On 7/23/2020 at 1:15 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

Won’t matter in two weeks, because both guys would have been amongst the first cuts to get down to 28.

You never know. With Reylo out for however long , Herrera being Herrera,Gonzalez first experience in the Sox uni being a disaster and a bunch of TJ guys populating the staff,Detwiler may stick around and if Carson was kept there was a small chance he would be effective. Figures the one pitcher not to get TJ while with us turned out  so poorly. I really didn't think he pitched all that bad during spring and summer camps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe expedite Crochet or ask Kopech to reconsider and whip himself into shape in the next 2-3 weeks. ... or make the 5 spot in the rotation by committee with Lambert and Heur taking a few innings each.  Or just punt the season because, according to Bennetti, no one expected or should expect the Sox to contend for the Division this season anyway..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, tray said:

Maybe expedite Crochet or ask Kopech to reconsider and whip himself into shape in the next 2-3 weeks

Um... no and no.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah obviously, no and no.....I was being sarcastic.

Of course, Renteria said in the post- game interview that he would slot Gio Gozales into Lopez slot if he is injured.....and that is perhaps more of a crazy idea.

GioG  threw like a batting practice pitcher

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tray said:

yeah obviously, no and no.....I was being sarcastic.

Of course, Renteria said in the post- game interview that he would slot Gio Gozales into Lopez slot if he is injured.....and that is perhaps more of a crazy idea.

GioG  threw like a batting practice pitcher

They may need to walk away from Renteria sooner than later.  

Thank God Jon Jay isn't here or he probably would be your starting RF and permanent 2 hole hitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am always glad when a horrible game like yesterday is quickly followed by another game the next day.  Helps erase the memory of such a disgraceful exhibition.  Funny how a win tonight will help me forget how bad we looked yesterday.

Quote

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any veteran free agent starting pitchers still out there to consider?

Not to say I am against Dunning, just wondering who else might be out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, wegner said:

Any veteran free agent starting pitchers still out there to consider?

Not to say I am against Dunning, just wondering who else might be out there.

Caufield already answered this in another thread...thanks....I love Soxtalk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2020 at 7:15 AM, southsideirish71 said:

They may need to walk away from Renteria sooner than later.  

Thank God Jon Jay isn't here or he probably would be your starting RF and permanent 2 hole hitter. 

Is he still Manny's buddy?  $4 Million from Hahn.  I still can't get over it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

 

I'm guessing Madrigal is up by this weekend.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

One of these is not like the others.

Madrigal isn't 6 foot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×