Opening Day Game Thread: Twins @ White Sox, 7:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

“Every time the White Sox call a guy up he struggles” 

becomes

”Every time the White Sox call a guy up he struggles, except Robert.”

Assuming health, I like how we can know this to be the case even if he hits like .235/.270/.370 for a bit because at that point he'd basically just be a better Engel (last year's SSS aside)

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Assuming health, I like how we can know this to be the case even if he hits like .235/.270/.370 for a bit because at that point he'd basically just be a better Engel (last year's SSS aside)

No. He's destroying them all. Every time someone posts the first phrase for the next 10 years, that clause will get added in a reply automatically because of what he's about to do to pitchers. 

54 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Let our boy spread his wings elsewhere!

The Braves don’t have Flowers or d’Arnaud tonight. Tested negative, but don’t feel well.

If I’m a catcher or umpire, and a batter spits at the plate, you would get an earful.

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

I didn't say it would or wouldn't happen.  I am just saying that advantage will be enough to overcome whatever happens on the rest of the schedule.  For the record, last year we were 11-8 vs Cle and 6-13 vs Min, which works out to 17-21 combined.  Also of note is that Cle won the season series against MN by a 10-9 mark.

Records versus each other last year...

MN 22-16

CLE 18-20

SOX 17-21

And thats when we sucked, we don't suck anymore.

I read in the Sun Times today that the bad guys on the Northside of Chicago want to  have 7,000 fans allowed at there home games this year. If they get the approval from  the City of Chicago I would like to think the White Sox would do the same thing.

Anywho, congrats to all of you for making it through this tough time and staying positive. Keeping the board active and fun with no baseball is no easy feat, especially during a pandemic. I look forward to this amazing journey that is about to begin for our Sox. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Booze and lots of it!

7 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I just bought two cases of the white sox goose island beer and will go to town this weekend. Thanks to expanded playoffs, I may be going to town after the season is over. 

I thought it was funny when people were critiquing the kind of beer the sox partnered on for this. I like the sox ale, but honestly they could have thrown that logo on keystone light and I'd have bought a keg of it

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Booze and lots of it!

Based on what the Twins leadoff hitter does this evening, I will crack open one of the following:

Strikeout:  Sox Golden Ale

Groundout:  Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin'

Flyout:  Gumballhead

Any hit:  Star Chicken Shotgun

I actually want to open the Star Chicken but hope I don't have to :gosoxretro:

• Haha 3

Just now, bmags said:

I thought it was funny when people were critiquing the kind of beer the sox partnered on for this. I like the sox ale, but honestly they could have thrown that logo on keystone light and I'd have bought a keg of it

Even if was Old Milwaukee Red Light or Hamms? I'm a fan but I'm not sure I could go there. 😁

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Based on what the Twins leadoff hitter does this evening, I will crack open one of the following:

Nice variety! Need to have other options for error and walk though.

Edited by ptatc
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Anyone have any good ideas on how to make opening day special at home?

Fire up the grill with some loaded brats and hot dogs, buy a bag of unshelled peanuts, soft pretzel and cheese (groceries usually has these frozen), anything you would get at the stadium. Doing a Zoom call with some friends on the side as we distance-watch. That's my plan.

2 minutes ago, MiddleCoastBias said:

Fire up the grill with some loaded brats and hot dogs, buy a bag of unshelled peanuts, soft pretzel and cheese (groceries usually has these frozen), anything you would get at the stadium. Doing a Zoom call with some friends on the side as we distance-watch. That's my plan.

Maybe I'll grill up some onions in the kitchen with a fan wafting it through the rest of the house like they do at the ballpark.... at least until my wife questions what they hell I am doing

• Thanks 4
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, wegner said:

This is a per-inning thing right? 😁