7/25 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm

Ok, it’s officially time to wash away that bitter taste from yesterday and even up the series!  

Today we face some kid with 28.1 career innings and a Fu Manchu-style mustache.  If our young studs can’t rough this douche up, then we might as well call the season.  I mean, just look at this dude and tell me you wouldn’t be embarrassed if he struck you out?  No doubt the bats are going to be hungry today.

Keys to the game are as follows:

1. Dallas keeps the ball on the ground and out of the stands
  2. Moncada, Eloy, Robert, & Timmy bring the heat offensively
  3. More Mendick in our lives please (sorry Leury)

4D2D8037-33B5-4511-8741-374A94880FED.jpeg

• Like 3

• bmags pinned this topic

Rich Hill was that classic, crafty left-handed veteran waiting in the weeds game.

At least with Dobnak, it feels like a 50/50 chance to win.    With Hill, you would have had to bet the Twins 80-90% of the time.

Odorizzi and pitchers of his ilk never give the White Sox fits like that.

31 minutes ago, pcq said:

I never liked Yolmer but you need an IF glove in your arsenal. FYI only one Sox trip to Twinkieland on our quirky schedule. 

I'm sure the GT last night covered this, but it's made abundantly clear we can't give outs away. We need Madrigal's glove.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I am pretty sure the Sox would have still lost had Leury been perfect in the field last night. But new year, new punching bag.  Get a win today and maybe get on a roll. 

That loss was mostly on Giolito...he’s supposed to be the ace, TOR starter.

We talked about for 2-3 years that a Gavin Floyd career trajectory was a good comp, and thus we’re now in 2009.  Grandal and EE didn’t do a thing, two out hits killed us and the bullpen wet the bed.   Nothing more you can really say.

Win 20, lose 20 and last night’s game was one we certainly had an opportunity in, but nearly every bounce and call went their way.  As soon as Polanco’s ball landed in front of Robert, you just had a feeling it wasn’t going to be their day.   That really seemed to take the wind out of the sails.

11 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

That loss was mostly on Giolito...he’s supposed to be the ace, TOR starter.

We talked about for 2-3 years that a Gavin Floyd career trajectory was a good comp, and thus we’re now in 2009.  Grandal and EE didn’t do a thing, two out hits killed us and the bullpen wet the bed.   Nothing more you can really say.

Win 20, lose 20 and last night’s game was one we certainly had an opportunity in, but nearly every bounce and call went their way.  As soon as Polanco’s ball landed in front of Robert, you just had a feeling it wasn’t going to be their day.   That really seemed to take the wind out of the sails.

Any pitcher is going to struggle with 4-5 extra outs.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I am pretty sure the Sox would have still lost had Leury been perfect in the field last night. But new year, new punching bag.  Get a win today and maybe get on a roll. 

We didn’t lose strictly because of Leury, but he definitely contributed to the loss and it’s very clear he isn’t a strong defensive infielder.  With a guy like Keuchel on the mound, you definitely want your best group of gloves in the infield and I’d simply rather see Mendick at 2B.

Oof, that lineup

I understand not having Grandal catch a day game after a night game, but presumably Ricky knew he was going to do this so why not have McCann catch Giolito last night and face Berrios who he has hit 4 career HRs off. McCann should never catch Keuchel.

Edited by TomPickle
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

If they get out of the 1st giving up only one run it completely changes the game. If the Sox still score 5 runs, they win because Leury was directly responsible for 7/10 runs last night. You give that lineup 4+ extra outs you're going to pay. 

• Like 1