7/25 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm

1 minute ago, Princess Dye said:

They count what your team is doing, not what you yourself are doing.

I disagree.  Yesterday for example, Abreu drove in a run and was followed by Grandal who did not.  That is specifically what the player did after the team set them up to succeed imho.

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

TBF everybody is playing with some rust but it's the stupid backhand that annoys me get in front he had all day.

That's not rust, it's laziness and bad technique. Something I know he has put in a lot of time to eradicate. It's fine to play everything off to your side if that's your way of being best, but to not stay down is just elementary.

• Like 1

Just now, wegner said:

I disagree.  Yesterday for example, Abreu drove in a run and was followed by Grandal who did not.  That is specifically what the player did after the team set them up to succeed imho.

Abreu's at bat really didn't help that inning either. The pitcher was in trouble, willing to trade a run for an out because it would benefit the pitcher, and Abreu just tried to hit the ball on the ground to take the run rather than going for the big inning. It was an RBI but it helped the pitcher more than the White Sox. 

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

That's not rust, it's laziness and bad technique. Something I know he has put in a lot of time to eradicate. It's fine to play everything off to your side if that's your way of being best, but to not stay down is just elementary.

Not only that, he put himself in position for the lip to come into play

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Not only that, he put himself in position for the lip to come into play

Yup, positioning on that as well, although the ball stayed true and if he stayed down it's an easy play. It's just lazy mentally; everyone has done it. To me they are the most maddening errors. Physical errors are what they are, they're going to happen. Like Abreu NOT picking that ball on the long hop is just embarrassing. He's a big leaguer but he's not physically good enough and I know that.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run