7/25 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm

58 minutes ago, soxfan3530 said:

Honest question from someone who didn’t pay much attention to the preseason. Why isn’t Gio in the rotation? I trust him over Lopez and Rodon. 

We are not sure he is 100% healthy . Plus he's old. The Sox need to find out if Lopez can become an effective starting pitcher. Good young starters are very valuable and he still has a shot at becoming that. You just don't cast them into the BP when they don't become good right away. If he can't hack it as a starter this year. He will get replaced by Dunning or Lambert or Gonzalez soon enough.

Rodon actually looked pretty decent in his return and since GG still had shoulder soreness and didn't pitch in the 1st spring training and barely pitched in summer camp it looks like the Sox are just nursing him along.

25 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

We are not sure he is 100% healthy . Plus he's old. The Sox need to find out if Lopez can become an effective starting pitcher. Good young starters are very valuable and he still has a shot at becoming that. You just don't cast them into the BP when they don't become good right away. If he can't hack it as a starter this year. He will get replaced by Dunning or Lambert or Gonzalez soon enough.

Rodon actually looked pretty decent in his return and since GG still had shoulder soreness and didn't pitch in the 1st spring training and barely pitched in summer camp it looks like the Sox are just nursing him along.

Gio G was up early in game 1, so we may see him soon.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think i saw him limbering up also in game 2 but in a 10-3 game gave Lambert a chance to get his feet wet and rest Gio again.

I missed the 9th but understand Jimmy looked good....very nice to hear.