Tigers Claim Fulmer off waivers

Jack Parkman

Fulmer would be good if he just stopped nibbling the corners constantly. Its like he's trying to make a perfect unhittable pitch every time. I have a feeling he's going to figure out he has to pitch to contact occassionally one of these days. Change of scenery might turn him around real fast. He had enough chances with the sox I suppose, but I don't know about rostering someone like Detwiler over giving him one more

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blackout Friday said:

We weren’t exactly bustling with expectations as a team in recent years. If anything it’ll help not being “8th overall pick Carson Fulmer” and instead being “waiver claim Carson Fulmer”

My point is that some guys thrive on pressure...Fulmer doesn't.

14 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

It's the type of move the Tigers should be making. 

Yeah. I don't think he will bounce back after all the injuries and struggles but even if there is a 10% chance it is worth for them to find out while the sox want to win and can't afford him to learn at the ML level.

4 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Yeah. I don't think he will bounce back after all the injuries and struggles but even if there is a 10% chance it is worth for them to find out while the sox want to win and can't afford him to learn at the ML level.

Injuries?

He needs a Matt Thornton fix. Thornton like Fulmer, couldn’t throw a strike to save his life.  Coop had him try something in his first bullpen session with the team and he became elite. Fulmer’s stuff has tons of movement.He has great spin rates. He just can’t get it close enough to entice swings. Then he has to groove it. If he fixes it, he will have a nice career. Odds are against it, but hopefully he can get it straitened out.