Tigers Claim Fulmer off waivers

Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, DirtySox said:

I followed him relatively closely in college and was actually at his MLB debut where he struck out Pujos.

The difference in who he was and who he became was unreal... I fully expected him to leave our organization and completely revert back to being himself.

It will be a good thing for him, he’ll find success, but I also won’t be surprised if it’s short lived.

25 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

I wished he had worked out. His comments are interesting as he says we were to analytics based. Cooper is always blamed for not being “modern “ enough. They don’t exactly line up. 

It's confirmation bias. Fans don't really know what's going on, but a lot of fans just want their bias confirmed, so they make guesses and they become reality to them. 

• Like 2

His velo backed up and his control, which was already questionable got worse.

He had success in college throwing 94-97 and getting hitters to chase pitches. Here he was in the low 90s and MLB hitters are too good to chase like he was used to in college.

Maybe he can find a mid-long relief role, but I'd think it's more likely he'll be out of baseball entirely by 2022

3 hours ago, ChiSoxJon said:

Class act all around, I remember when he signed he donated to local charities in Chicago that day

Wish him the best, really wish it worked it out here because dammit he was fun at Vandy

And yes, I'd rather Fulmer than Detwiler/Cordero

Best of luck Kid

You'd rather have kept Fulmer over a pitcher that was actually good last year? 

2 hours ago, Sleepy Harold said:

You'd rather have kept Fulmer over a pitcher that was actually good last year? 

Probably a good gamble by Tigers. I would have  thought O's would have taken him with all their woes. 

Fulmer has half a decade history of a 5-6 era in pro ball and is 26 years old.

Yeah he was a top10 pick and good in college but if he was a 7th rounder he would have been out of baseball 2 years ago.

Still worth a shot for the tigers who will suck the next 2 years anyway but I would say he has less than a 10% shot to become a mlb regular.

Basically he is for the tigers what AJ reed was for the sox, there is a small chance a change of scenery helps him but more likely he is out of baseball in 1-2 years.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Dominikk85 said:

Fulmer has half a decade history of a 5-6 era in pro ball and is 26 years old.

Yeah he was a top10 pick and good in college but if he was a 7th rounder he would have been out of baseball 2 years ago.

Still worth a shot for the tigers who will suck the next 2 years anyway but I would say he has less than a 10% shot to become a mlb regular.

Basically he is for the tigers what AJ reed was for the sox, there is a small chance a change of scenery helps him but more likely he is out of baseball in 1-2 years.

Sure, but those are the chances you take in a rebuild.  It is a lottery ticket.  Most fail. Occasionally you pull a Jose Quintana out of a MiLB free agent signing.

5 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

Y'a'll remember when we almost got Joc Pederson for Carson Fulmer?

Y'all remember how some people were actually scared we'd lose that trade because Fulmer had just gone to Driveline? 

Good times.

Pretty sure it was decently more than that.  Wasn't it Bummer and another hitter prospect?  Maybe Bush?

On 7/26/2020 at 10:25 AM, southsider2k5 said:

Again, if Carson could throw strikes he would be on this roster. But out of options and out of the strike zone isn't a good place to be for a pitcher when a team is trying to make the playoffs. 

I get that, but then I see the name Detwiler.
Anyway, they darn well better make the playoffs this year, or the house should be cleared, pillar to post.