Garmin Under US$10Mil Ransomware Attack

Texsox

It's funny almost all the articles talk about run and cycle mapping data them towards the end

And it affects airplane GPS grounding some planes. WTF? That seems a bit bigger than someone 3.4 mile morning run. 

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Typically I just use Google Maps.  Is there something you get out of one of these devices that makes it worth paying for?  I get maps, traffic, turn by turn directions, detours, etc.

I use Waze and wondered the same thing. 

For mapping workouts you get stats and history. A couple of RV channels I watch talk about the convenience of having a dedicated GPS so they could use their phones for other tasks, bigger screens on GPS, RV (truck) specific routes, heads up navigation, and a couple other features. I just don't want more clutter on my dash, more cables, more more more

15 minutes ago, Texsox said:

I use Waze and wondered the same thing. 

For mapping workouts you get stats and history. A couple of RV channels I watch talk about the convenience of having a dedicated GPS so they could use their phones for other tasks, bigger screens on GPS, RV (truck) specific routes, heads up navigation, and a couple other features. I just don't want more clutter on my dash, more cables, more more more

Google used to have a great free app for this, but killed it.  That I do miss, but not enough to pay for it.