The broadcast

Middle Buffalo

I watched parts of the games this week on ESPN and the mlb app, and I think the games benefit from the background noise. I hope the Sox pull some actual sound from the past to mix in (Nancy Faust playing the organ, Andy the Clown, vendors, etc) to give it a little more character. Right now it’s just a steady hum or buzz. 

Edited by Middle Buffalo

7 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I watched parts of the games this week on ESPN and the mlb app, and I think the games benefit from the background noise. I hope the Sox pull some actual sound from the past to mix in (Nancy Faust playing the organ, Andy the Clown, vendors, etc) to give it a little more character. Right now it’s just a steady hum or buzz. 

Every team was given the same crowd noise. How they use it or do not use it is up to them. It is the same crowd noice they use in their video game.

14 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Adding specific town cheers would be awesome.  

On 7/25/2020 at 6:04 PM, Dick Allen said:

Every team was given the same crowd noise. How they use it or do not use it is up to them. It is the same crowd noice they use in their video game.

They can personalize it though. I’m hoping someone in the Sox production department is combing through the archives and pulling some sound that’s unique to the Sox. That’s why I mentioned Nancy Faust, etc. The murmur of the crowd and ballpark sounds was always very apparent on Sox radio broadcasts.