7/26 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I know I'm in the minority but I like that they went with Lopez today. He might get hit around, but he at least (typically) throws strikes and attacks hitters. With Cease, I'd be afraid that he misses the zone, gets behind in counts, and then gets taken deep by all the power bats. Neither are ideal but I just don't think Cease matches up well against a team that works counts like this

I bet he falls behind quite a bit today honestly.

40 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

Nobody's asking him to be the best pitcher in baseball. I've never understood the Reylo hate. If dude is your 5th, you have a damn good rotation. 

We only got a #1, #5 starter with upside, and a future MLB pitcher for Adam Eaton. Maybe Sox fans thought we traded Christian Yelich?

4 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

I have a real hard time seeing Lopez go out there and suddenly figuring out the Twins lineup. Really wish we had used Cease today and given ReyLo a much weaker lineup vs CLE

I think he is going to get shelled and putting forth a lineup full of righties against a righty killer is beyond stupid. Taking our best lefty hitter in Yoan out is also stupid. If he needs a rest in the field, put him at DH and have Encarnacion play 1st since Jose hasn't done anything.