7/26 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm

3 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

I mean thats 1/3 of a lineup, with arguably our top 2 offensive players.  No team can withstand losing that much.

EXCEPT the Twins, or maybe the Yankees?   Dodgers, probably.   Astros.

Edited by caulfield12

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

If Moncada has COVID and Eloy has a concussion. Explain to me how we can POSSIBLY stick in this thing. Given how short the season is. Given that our rotation 3-5 is a joke?  

I'll wait. I will sit and wait. While I prepare to laugh. 

Moncada doesn't have covid anymore tho.

2 minutes ago, Richie said:

If Moncada has COVID and Eloy has a concussion. Explain to me how we can POSSIBLY stick in this thing. Given how short the season is. Given that our rotation 3-5 is a joke?  

I'll wait. I will sit and wait. While I prepare to laugh. 

So Moncada got COVID again already? this place is too much.

Lopez made a wild pitch and grimaced as though he experienced some discomfort causing Grandal to immediately point  to the dugout.

Clearly Grandal felt  there was something that was impacting Reylo's velocity and location today especially on his last pitch. Hopefully it was something that is not an arm injury. 

4 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

Do we actually think Lopez is injured? Because people on Twitter said he might have just been faking it.

He’s definitely hurt or sick.  I’m not totally convinced he’s injured yet, but I’m sure we’ll find out something soon enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalChiSox said:

Insofar as the rotation goes, Cease should be No. 3, Rodon 4 and bring Dunning up to be the 5. 

ReyLo can pitch out of the pen in the 8th when we are up by at least 6+ runs.

If López is injured and throwing 90, my guess is he’s done for the season. The typical arm injuries with 6-8 week recovery times are killer this season.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Ran hard into the wall on a grand slam in the first inning. Tried to field a ball in the 2nd inning, trainers came out, was noticeably rubbing his eyes as though he was dizzy.

Yep. Looks like we get to see Delmonico in the lineup tomorrow too! 🤢 On a side note, Eloy still looks shaky out in LF, Reynaldo still looks like the batting practice pitcher and the Twins appear to be the way more superior ball club. Is this 2019, the extended version? 

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Do we trust people on Twitter now?

As long as their initials are DTJ?   Or traced back to Ukrainian troll farms?

At least Danny Mendick has potential in Boogie Nights 2 if the baseball career doesn't work with that moustache.    Shades of Tyler Saladino.

Meanwhile the Twins are slaughtering us without Buxton and Sano in the line-up.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

If López is injured and throwing 90, my guess is he’s done for the season. The typical arm injuries with 6-8 week recovery times are killer this season.

Regardless he shouldn't be seeing another start anytime soon even if he's healthy. 

“When examining Eloy Jimenez, the White Sox head trainer and other personnel followed concussion protocols. Jimenez passed with flying colors by smiling, laughing, pointing at the trainers finger rather than following it with his eyes, and poking his own nose.

An inning later, he was removed from the game while making a dizzy finger hand signal.”

Edited by hi8is

3 minutes ago, ChiSox1917 said:

Yes

NOT quite sure I'd be picking that particular hill to die on this  day...he's NOT quite as bad as Terry Bevington.    At least most players and people around the game seem to genuinely like him.   He has a better personality than Robin Ventura for working with younger players, too.  He wasn't forced practically against his will to "take one for the organization" to shield the front office from additional scrutiny after the 2011 debacle with Ozzie and the deterioration of the on-field product (Adam Dunn).

Edited by caulfield12