7/26 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

I know Cruz is good and I know he's a juicer and I know some guys have a team's number, but this is absolutely absurd at this point. Something has to be going on here.

I agree. Do the Sox pitchers have a tell that the Twins have picked up on? 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Nelson Cruz making Matty Davidson against the Royals look like not a thing.

Herrera, well, Greg and I called that one.   We might have been wrong about Soria still being useful, but this one has had much more of a financial impact on the bullpen.

That's now 26 runs in less than than 26 full innings, LOL.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

Someone needs to get fired for Delmonico batting 2nd and even being on the team.

sj5L3N3A_normal.jpg Chuck Garfien
@ChuckGarfien
And with that home run Nelson Cruz is now officially in the White Sox Killer Hall of Fame.

OUR CHUCK about TWO YEARS late with that update.

3 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:
sj5L3N3A_normal.jpg Chuck Garfien
@ChuckGarfien
And with that home run Nelson Cruz is now officially in the White Sox Killer Hall of Fame.

OUR CHUCK about TWO YEARS late with that update.

4 for 5 and 7 RBI... have a day, Nelson

25 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Lopez being forcibly removed from the rotation is an upgrade, as long as he's replaced by Dunning or Lambert and not Gonzalez. 

Dunning and Lambert have been pitching primarily out of the bullpen.  I don't know how long it will take for them to get stretched out to be able to go 4-5 innings for a start.  Gonzalez appears to be the only option here. 

And keep in mind, Dunning and Lambert both are coming back from TJ.   That's also a big factor.   I think we are fine in hiding one TJ comeback in the rotation with Rodon being #5 and able to skip him occasionally, Not sure you can have 2/5 of the rotation being under a "stress watch" due to TJ. 

Lopez sucking this bad early is a really big deal.  

• Like 1

I really, really REALLY hope this is their way of weeding out the ones who will not be on this team's competitive roster. The Sox need to transition their mentality from giving these guys hundreds of chances to prove themselves to, a few times, and if they crap the bed multiple times, their gone. Can't keep giving players like ReyLo, Herrera and Delmonico 3 months of appearances in a regular season to prove themselves. Mindset needs to change. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Dunning and Lambert have been pitching primarily out of the bullpen.  I don't know how long it will take for them to get stretched out to be able to go 4-5 innings for a start.  Gonzalez appears to be the only option here. 

And keep in mind, Dunning and Lambert both are coming back from TJ.   That's also a big factor.   I think we are fine in hiding one TJ comeback in the rotation with Rodon being #5 and able to skip him occasionally, Not sure you can have 2/5 of the rotation being under a "stress watch" due to TJ. 

All of a sudden, Kopech opting not to play is starting to seem like a bigger deal than most thought.

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

To be honest, I'm more concerned with the Giolito performance on Friday.  He needs to be better.

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Cishek had one bad appearance?

I don't disagree.

I disagree with the notion that there's time to "let the rookies settle in".

Tomorrow, Sox up 3-2 in the 7th. 2 outs, runners on 1st and 2nd, Jose Ramirez up, which reliever are you more comfortable using: Cishek or Heuer?

In a 60 game season, go with the guys who look the best. let them prove that they aren't.

Edited by Butter Parque

Just now, Capn12 said:

Encarnacion with the 3 K day today, and 8 K's in 15 ABs so far.

He is a notorious slow starter. But with 60 games, it'll be way more magnified this season. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sox move in from him after this season because of it.