7/26 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm

Just now, Balta1701 said:

I don't know if anyone else remembers this but we had exactly the same conversation in 2019 after Lopez's first start because his fastball in that game was down in the low 90s/upper 80s as well. 

https://www.fangraphs.com/players/reynaldo-lopez/16400/graphs?pitchgraphs=true&statArr=&legend=1&split=base&time=daily&start=2017&end=2019&rtype=mult&gt1=15&dStatArray=FA&ymin=&ymax=

what the "abdomen" game where Jose talked to him?  Yea, this guy among other things needs to speak up before he goes out hurt and costs his team.

This is what happens when you have a "gut" manager who "likes a kid" for whatever reason. Instead of one who can look without bias at what the analytics have been saying for years. What other team trying to be competitive brings back a guy in his 5th year to be your #3 starter coming off of a season where he posted a 5.82 ERA and a 1.457 WHIP?

Sick of Ricky

Edited by Richie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Richie said:

This is what happens when you have a "gut" manager who "likes a kid" for whatever reason. Instead of one who can look without bias at what the analytics have been saying for years. What other team trying to be competitive brings back a guy in his 5th year to be your #3 starter coming off of a year where he posted a 5.82 ERA and a 1.457 WHIP.

Sick of Ricky

Ricky doesn’t build the roster, blame Hahn if you think they shouldn’t have brought back Lopez.  Now, if you want to blame him for making Reynaldo the #3 starter ahead of Cease that’s another story.

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

what the "abdomen" game where Jose talked to him?  Yea, this guy among other things needs to speak up before he goes out hurt and costs his team.

No that was when he was first called up in 2018. Last year he had a really bad opening day with a big dip in velocity. Not injury related, just low velocity coming out of the gates. 

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Ricky doesn’t build the roster, blame Hahn if you think they shouldn’t have brought back Lopez.  Now, if you want to blame him for making Reynaldo the #3 starter ahead of Cease that’s another story.

That is correct and what I am saying. I realize that Lopez was always coming back to compete. Making him the #3 starter is atrocious. 

I should have worded it better. 

• Like 1