7/26 GT - Twins at Sox - 1:10pm

Wow. Was listening on the radio while driving. Amazing how south things can turn in a matter of 20 minutes...

If they are serious about winning, tomorrow they would bring up Madrigal, figure out how to NOT play Delmonico every game, get Dunning up here, and not start ReyLo anymore.

1 minute ago, flavum said:

Some stout ERAs.

Since we’re going off on some interesting tangents...let’s lose the 83 uniforms until 2023.

Or until Chris Sale comes back to the White Sox and has a good sense of humor about it all.    That might NEVER happen, though.

3 minutes ago, Texsox said:

It was a bad game and no one is in a good mood. Let's knock off the arguing. 

I think people are upset because we saw it coming, yet an MLB manager couldn't. We discusses starting Cease today because he has better stuff and is more likely to keep it competitive. The lineup order was trash from the beginning and got worse the second time around. It was obvious this game was gonna be a blowout, which makes it even worse. 

• Like 1

Just now, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

At the end of this day it’s only one game. The Twins are a good team.

My concern is our manager is dumb. That will be the case on a day to day basis. Yesterday worked out for him but more often than not it won't work if he doesn't use his brain. 

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

I think people are upset because we saw it coming, yet an MLB manager couldn't. We discusses starting Cease today because he has better stuff and is more likely to keep it competitive. The lineup order was trash from the beginning and got worse the second time around. It was obvious this game was gonna be a blowout, which makes it even worse. 

There were a number of posts that violated our rules for posting. 

No one is happy with this game, or the series. 

5 hours ago, michelangelosmonkey said:

So I was looking at it.  Are we too hard on Lopez?  He had 33 starts last year and 10 were terrible...as I mentioned earlier a 14 ERA in those starts.  In his other 23 starts he had a 3.3 ERA and 3 to 1 walks to strikeouts.  So 2/3 of the time he was a very good pitcher and 1/3 of the time he was the worst pitcher in the history of baseball.  If he is the good Lopez he is way better than Maeda ever was.  

I blame this post for today’s debacle 😉

• Haha 1

Just now, SonofaRoache said:

Shades of the Neal Cotts/Buehrle debacle at Yankee Stadium.   Who'd a thunk Cotts would come back from a failed starting career to lead the bullpen to a World Series title just five years later?   Baseball is so strange.    Look at Daniel Bard this year, or Daniel Hudson last year.

1 minute ago, Texsox said:

There were a number of posts that violated our rules for posting. 

No one is happy with this game, or the series. 

Elated not to be swept.

Now if we have lost both Lopez and Jimenez for significant time this season...it takes on a much darker meaning for Sox fans.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Elated not to be swept.

Now if we have lost both Lopez and Jimenez for significant time this season...it takes on a much darker meaning for Sox fans.

Eloy, yes. Lopez, nah. I think Dunning could be a serviceable replacement.

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Eloy, yes. Lopez, nah. I think Dunning could be a serviceable replacement.

You don't like to push/force Lambert or Dunning into that key role in a playoff-contending season, but they're relatively "expendable" from the point of view of the organization...compared to Kopech, at least.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Elated not to be swept.

I doubt we’ll lose Eloy for a significant amount of time, but even a handful of games would suck with Cleveland around the corner.  Not adding more OF depth is proving to be a huge mistake.

Just now, EvilJester99 said:

What happened to Eloy? 

Crashed into one of the LF posts.   Passed the initial concussion protocol, but an inning or two later, had to be removed from the game when showing obvious signs of duress with another play in the outfield where he looked totally disinterested or lost out there.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EvilJester99 said:

What happened to Eloy? 

No official report. Ran hard into wall on grand slam in the first inning. Passed concussion tests fine. 2nd inning another ball hit to LF, called trainers out afterwards, came out while rubbing his eyes as though dizzy. Very hot on field, maybe concussion, maybe something else? 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

I doubt we’ll lose Eloy for a significant amount of time, but even a handful of games would suck with Cleveland around the corner.  Not adding more OF depth is proving to be a huge mistake.

Now the Puig to White Sox momentum is really going to pick up if Jimenez has to miss at least 2-3 weeks.