ReyLo felt pain in start of game

southsider2k5

Poor guy . I hope some of those hard comments in the game thread makes a few of us realize those are human beings out there not toys to stomp on because their performance makes us unhappy. I know that's how the whole sports and fan dynamic works but we don't always get the perfect perspective.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Like 7

Lopez should've spoke up about it. I get it, you're a competitor, wanna tough it out yada yada but he has a history of doing this. I remember Abreu basically pulling him out himself when he talked to him on the mound a few years ago and he waved to the training staff. Lopez actually tried to stay in the game pitching hurt and Abreu said no. 

• Like 1

Yesterday we watched our starter (Keuchel) control the strike zone and make winning look easy.  Friday and Today our starters (Geolito and Lopez) couldn't find the strike zone and we were almost out of both games after one inning.  What a pleasure watching Keuchel let the hitters get themselves out...just like the good old days with Mark B.  I know that Geolito will figure it out but not so sure about Lopez.  Interestingly...it was McCann catching Keuchel while our strike framing wonder kid Grandal caught the two wild man games.  Hope this gets fixed soon because starting games with 4 and 5 run deficits makes for boring baseball viewing.  Sorry...just venting after looking forward to a game that ended up being unwatchable.  I hope Dunning & Lambert get a chance sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Yesterday we watched our starter (Keuchel) control the strike zone and make winning look easy.  Friday and Today our starters (Geolito and Lopez) couldn't find the strike zone and we were almost out of both games after one inning.  What a pleasure watching Keuchel let the hitters get themselves out...just like the good old days with Mark B.  I know that Geolito will figure it out but not so sure about Lopez.  Interestingly...it was McCann catching Keuchel while our strike framing wonder kid Grandal caught the two wild man games.  Hope this gets fixed soon because starting games with 4 and 5 run deficits makes for boring baseball viewing.  Sorry...just venting after looking forward to a game that ended up being unwatchable.  I hope Dunning & Lambert get a chance sooner rather than later.

I think Giolito will figure it out too, I just hope it's not too late before he does. 

13 minutes ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I think we will be ok with Giolito-DK-Cease-Rodon-Dunning. 

That should be a middle of the league staff for 2020 and with our offense an average staff should be sufficient for wild card.

We should all be very afraid if they start Gonzalez instead of Dunning. That would remind me of the 5th starter black hole from 2001-04. 

It should be Dunning or Lambert. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

We should all be very afraid if they start Gonzalez instead of Dunning. That would remind me of the 5th starter black hole from 2001-04. 

Yes because Dane dunning and Jimmy Lambert have proven they can get big leaguers out consistently. 

• Love 1

Why didn't Moncada start ?

Why didn't they start Cease instead of ReyLo against Minnesota?

What was the pitching game plan against Minnesota hitters? Pitch them inside? It didn't look like there was any strategy whatsoever.

Why didn't McCann catch Giolito?

Why did they leave Eloy in the game after he was obviously a bit dizzy? That was a pretty quick and ineffective concussion protocol. Everyone watching on TV could see he was a little groggy and shaking cobwebs loose.

Why not put Leury in RF instead of second base until Mazara returns?

These and many other  questions and we are only 3 games in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm pretty sure someone posted a tweet that the Sox didn't want Lambert going more than 2 innings which seems consistent with what he did in summer camp games.