Marco Estrada SP            
Matt Harvey SP            
Clayton Richard SP            
Danny Salazar SP            
Aaron Sanchez SP            
Jason Vargas SP
Edited by caulfield12

5 hours ago, SoCalChiSox said:

I think we will be ok with Giolito-DK-Cease-Rodon-Dunning. 

That should be a middle of the league staff for 2020 and with our offense an average staff should be sufficient for wild card.

Would somebody objectively rate this rotation and our bullpen? I don't feel qualified yet but I tell you the Sox pitching staff does not scream "excellent" to me, all the way through starters and relievers. If you guys tell me our rotation is playoff caliber and our pen is too, I'll believe you. I'm just skeptical and not because of one series.

8 hours ago, poppysox said:

Yesterday we watched our starter (Keuchel) control the strike zone and make winning look easy.  Friday and Today our starters (Geolito and Lopez) couldn't find the strike zone and we were almost out of both games after one inning.  What a pleasure watching Keuchel let the hitters get themselves out...just like the good old days with Mark B.  I know that Geolito will figure it out but not so sure about Lopez.  Interestingly...it was McCann catching Keuchel while our strike framing wonder kid Grandal caught the two wild man games.  Hope this gets fixed soon because starting games with 4 and 5 run deficits makes for boring baseball viewing.  Sorry...just venting after looking forward to a game that ended up being unwatchable.  I hope Dunning & Lambert get a chance sooner rather than later.

I think McCann did a good job and is a very nice back up but there isn't much to frame when pitchers miss their spot by 1-2 feet. Grandal is a proven good framer but he also had good command pitchers helping him especially in LA.

13 hours ago, poppysox said:

Yesterday we watched our starter (Keuchel) control the strike zone and make winning look easy.  Friday and Today our starters (Geolito and Lopez) couldn't find the strike zone and we were almost out of both games after one inning.  What a pleasure watching Keuchel let the hitters get themselves out...just like the good old days with Mark B.  I know that Geolito will figure it out but not so sure about Lopez.  Interestingly...it was McCann catching Keuchel while our strike framing wonder kid Grandal caught the two wild man games.  Hope this gets fixed soon because starting games with 4 and 5 run deficits makes for boring baseball viewing.  Sorry...just venting after looking forward to a game that ended up being unwatchable.  I hope Dunning & Lambert get a chance sooner rather than later.

Kind of hard to frame pitches that miss the zone by a foot or more.  This is not on Grandal.

7 hours ago, GradMc said:

Evidently so were the Nats.

And Giolito is not an ace - not even close.

Ferfucksake, let's ignore 2019 and state that Giolito is not an even close to being an ace because of one bad game.  Knock it off.