Sox @ Tribe, 7/27, 6:10 CT, Gamethread - PPD Rain

soxfan49

Aaron Civale allowed one run last start against the Sox who are on a 6-14 run at Erie City. Some of us thought the Native Persons were dis-armed when Bauer and Kluber left but they contributed very little last year while Bieber and Clevinger were dominant. Cease needs to step up big-time to support our withering staff. Bieber with 14 K's Opening Day figures to pitch Wednesday. Can the Sox darn their holes and play competent baseball? No dis to Grandal but I want McCann to catch more. Jose could sit this one out against a tough righty. 

6 minutes ago, pcq said:

Aaron Civale allowed one run last start against the Sox who are on a 6-14 run at Erie City. Some of us thought the Native Persons were dis-armed when Bauer and Kluber left but they contributed very little last year while Bieber and Clevinger were dominant. Cease needs to step up big-time to support our withering staff. Bieber with 14 K's Opening Day figures to pitch Wednesday. Can the Sox darn their holes and play competent baseball? No dis to Grandal but I want McCann to catch more. Jose could sit this one out against a tough righty. 

I definitely want McCann to catch Giolito going forward this year

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, TaylorStSox said:

I really don't want my future number 2 risking injury in a season that doesn't matter. This is bullshit. 

Better that he get some work in this year against MLB hitters and continue his development than sit around doing nothing.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The "good" news is that COVID doesn't typically present with nasal symptoms.

It varies from person to person hugely, but here's the list from the CDC (emphasis mine):

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html

Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:

• Fever or chills
  • Cough
  • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
  • Fatigue
  • Muscle or body aches
  • Headache
  • New loss of taste or smell
  • Sore throat
  • Congestion or runny nose
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Diarrhea

2 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

Game is postponed, doubleheader tomorrow at 3 PM

Crap. I had nothing to do this evening. I was looking forward to just sitting and watching the game.

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

If someone would have told me in early January that we'd have a lineup including Engel, Delmonico, and Garcia the fourth game of the season.....

They have made it CLEAR they didn't want to compete this year. The second Madrigal didn't make the squad this become a "developmental" season. 

• knightni changed the title to Sox @ Tribe, 7/27, 6:10 CT, Gamethread - PPD Rain
  • knightni unpinned this topic