Who else hates Mike Wilbon on PTI

vilehoopster

He is such a passive-aggressive lying A-Hole. Any time he can jab the White Sox on PTI  or anywhere, he does; but he ALWAYS starts out saying that he likes the White Sox and wishes them the best. But then he jabs them and tonight on PTI was a perfect example: It was the end of the show and he and Tony were doing their quick-at-the-end comments. And the topic of Nelson Cruz's great weekend against the White Sox came up and that he did it at 40 years old. 

So, as they wrap up on Cruz, here goes Wilbon. Something like this and it's pretty close: "I'm a Cubs fan but I always wish the best for the White Sox because I'm a Chicago sports fan," then he said something about the South Side. Then he ends it with his zinger on the national forum that PTI gives him, (again not exact words). He ends the topic of Nelson Cruz with this, "But they have got to do better than giving up 27 runs in three games."

See how he did that, brings the Sox pitching failures in on the Cruz topic, and he starts off with his "Wish the White Sox the best and ends it with insulting the White Sox. Total lying A-hole move. 

Does anybody remember his "appropriate" comment from two or three years ago?  So, he and Tony were doing "What's the Word", where they have to come up with a word to describe the topic they're discussing. It was two or three years ago (maybe four?), and the White were off to a historically bad start. And the question was raised that if the White Sox continued to play and lose that often, that they would have the worst record in White Sox baseball history. So Tony and Wilbon had to come up with one word to comment on or describe the idea that the White Sox that year could be the worst White Sox team ever. I don't remember what Tony said, but Wilbon said it would be "appropriate". That was his word. It was a while ago, so I don't remember the conversation too well, but he justified it (if I remember it correctly) because the White Sox fans are so full of themselves and their team, so for the Sox to be the worst would be "appropriate" for their fans to experience. 

That's when I first started hating him and I haven't changed one iota since.  

Edited by vilehoopster
I left out a word

To answer the OP question in short....yes I also hate him.

Further thinking on this, I actually just hate the PTI show and I am surprised it is still on...anytime I stumbled upon the show I needed to turn it off quickly because they were such obnoxious blowhards.  

Edited by wegner

41 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

well hes right, 27 runs in 3 games is atrocious 

Yes, he is right about that. You can hate the guy if you like, but the pitching performance in those games against the Twins was awful. Right now, there are many question marks about the White Sox pitching staff. You can't blame Wilbon for that.

Tony and Wilbon agree with on pretty much everything. Hell they probably go out for dinner every night when the show is over.

Their arguments on the rare occasion that they exist are completely manufactured. It's why I can't stand espn on the whole even Stephen A and his sidekick have the same issue. It's so obviously fake I don't understand how people can watch that garbage at least the WWE puts some effort into it.

So why would anyone be "angry" for what Wilbon says about the Sox? He doesn't even care dude he is just playing the contrarian to Tony.

Edited by wrathofhahn

Just now, oldsox said:

Both of the PTI guys are good.  It's the only sports show that's worth a shit, IMO.

The best shows are the shows were the two hosts politics and beliefs are different. Then you actually have real disagreements and conversations.

Wilbon and Tony aren't interesting to me the only show I watched was SFY on fox that was it.