7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

No one would ever accuse Cooper of focusing on velocity though.

Maybe he's gone too far the other way. Cease is definitely not taking any velocity off to improve command as Cooper used to teach.

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

If you've been watching the games...it's not like we've been losing close 1,2, or 3 run games. The games they've lost they have been destroyed and the starters have looked abysmal.  

I have been watching. I’ve also noticed that we’re only 3 and a third games into the season. People need to calm down. 

3 minutes ago, kev211 said:

I have been watching. I’ve also noticed that we’re only 3 and a third games into the season. People need to calm down. 

I actually normally would agree with you...but I think the signs here are just too glaring.

I hope I'm wrong and you're right. But look, Fry is warming in the pen already. Not even out of the 3rd yet. This is the 3rd game we've had a bullpen pitcher warming before the 4th inning...the other 2 games was in the 1st!

Our bullpen is going to get taxed early if this keeps happening. And we have 2 games today. Better hope Rodon can go 6 or 7.

Edit: Cease is done and Cleveland's about to blow this thing wide open. 

Edited by ScooterMcGee

3 minutes ago, Tony said:

That reasoning may have worked for this season.....how do we explain the lack of any sort of real development the last 10 years? 

And if the "pitching lab" now holds a philosophy against what Cooper believes....why is he still here?

I think he has embraced it a little too much. Should be just another tool, however too many teams are focusing too heavily with it. 

Just an old guy opinion.

Just now, Baron said:

Let me guess Rick. Another game to throw into the trash bin? 

Well, you're gonna win 20 and you're gonna lose 40...it's what you do with the rest....uh oh never mind.   That's why I never win Soxmath.

• Haha 1