7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

1 minute ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Alexei was literally a very good player here.. wtf are yo talking about

Lol did you see how many times he swung first pitch to kill a rally with a double play ball? 

Just now, JoshPR said:

Lol did you see how many times he swung first pitch to kill a rally with a double play ball? 

Did you see all the other very good things he did?  Don't just say stupid things.... Use your brain.

Alexei averaged 3.4 WAR over a 6 year period.. Do not compare Leaury to him. LOL

1 minute ago, Harry Chappas said:

Nicky Delmonico and Leury Garica should be nowhere near a starting lineup and 

At least Nicky took the fucking walk when it was given to him.  Not that I think he should be starting but...arrgghhhh.  Bases loaded, pitcher getting wild and they blow the chance to get back in the ballgame!!

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

That Grandal is not the problem

It is when you blow your load at a position already occupied by a good player (that now resides on the bench 70% of the time) when you clearly have a major weakness in another department (starting pitching).

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But what’s his CERA after three games and a short pre-season?  Clearly Grandal’s game calling is the reason everyone sucks but Keuchel.

^^

Grandal is a DH. He sucks at catching

Edited by Jack Parkman

2 minutes ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Did you see all the other very good things he did?  Don't just say stupid things.... Use your brain.

Alexei averaged 3.4 WAR over a 6 year period.. Do not compare Leaury to him. LOL

Lolol dude I was comparing Leury cause the AB was similar and has similar ABs. So you don't be stupid. Sheesh

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

It is when you blow your load at a position already occupied by a good player (that now resides on the bench 70% of the time) when you clearly have a major weakness in another department (starting pitching).

And guess how you help your starting pitching that was hurt by poor framing probably moreso than any team in baseball last year?  By adding an elite framer...

7 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Civale threw 7 of the last 9 pitches for balls, let's swing first pitch!

He threw 8/9 out of the zone. It's truly amazing. Does Leury not learn at all? He's the most tenured White Sox now. If I watched Civale's efforts pitching to Delmonico & Robert I go up there sitting dead red fastball. If I see spin I take. Leury swings at two breaking balls that would have been balls. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

1) They still got Dallas, and looking at the pitchers they passed on, the issue was not money, but the Sox not wanting them

2) The plan this year was always going to be to ride the young arms, developing them is the key to future contention. They weren't going to drop 50 mil on another 30+ year old SP just to force Reylo or Cease to the pen preseason

Grandal has nothing to do with it

Just now, fathom said:

Here’s my question...by all accounts, Eloy is totally fine. I don’t believe he was in concussion protocol, so why isn’t he playing?

If he was banged up - is it the best idea to have him play 2 games vs. have him just play the late game (or is he out of that game too)?  

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

And guess how you help your starting pitching that was hurt by poor framing probably moreso than any team in baseball last year?  By adding an elite framer...

His framing doesn't matter because the ball isn't getting to him. His pitch selection is shitty. 

4 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

We also needed a left-handed bat OBP, Grandal was literally the perfect addition.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Here’s my question...by all accounts, Eloy is totally fine. I don’t believe he was in concussion protocol, so why isn’t he playing?

Probably only wanted to play him one game today after getting his bell rung the other day. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Sox are doing their best to make sure he doesn't hurt himself. I think he'll be back tomorrow.