7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

He threw 8/9 out of the zone. It's truly amazing. Does Leury not learn at all? He's the most tenured White Sox now. If I watched Civale's efforts pitching to Delmonico & Robert I go up there sitting dead red fastball. If I see spin I take. Leury swings at two breaking balls that would have been balls. 

Cause I bet they ain't even paying attention in the dugout

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

We also needed a left-handed bat OBP, Grandal was literally the perfect addition.

Someone put it perfectly the other day. He’s a frustrating player because his positives don’t jump off the screen at you while his negatives do.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And guess how you help your starting pitching that was hurt by poor framing probably moreso than any team in baseball last year?  By adding an elite framer...

Not impressed by Grandal’s defense, sorry. It was a major red flag when a smart organization like the Dodgers was starting Austin freakin Barnes over Grandal in the postseason. That’s all I needed to know.

Just now, fathom said:

Someone put it perfectly the other day. He’s a frustrating player because his positives don’t jump off the screen at you while his negatives do.

In all seriousness, what are his positives? A nice smile? It's embarrassing they broke camp with him on the roster.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

1) They still got Dallas, and looking at the pitchers they passed on, the issue was not money, but the Sox not wanting them

2) The plan this year was always going to be to ride the young arms, developing them is the key to future contention. They weren't going to drop 50 mil on another 30+ year old SP just to force Reylo or Cease to the pen preseason

Grandal has nothing to do with it

I always wanted two arms from the Tier 2 group of starting pitchers. Keuchel and Ryu could have really solidified the rotation until the young arms developed.

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

Sox are doing their best to make sure he doesn't hurt himself. I think he'll be back tomorrow. 

So they want to make sure he doesn’t run into a wall again?  In a normal 162 game season, I get it.  Having him missing 3 pct of the season today for cautionary reasons just lacks urgency IMO.

Just now, fathom said:

So they want to make sure he doesn’t run into a wall again?  In a normal 162 game season, I get it.  Having him missing 3 pct of the season today for cautionary reasons just lacks urgency IMO.

I was joking. I am not going to sit over here and try and make sense of what Renteria does.

I was 100% being sarcastic and if you actually think Grandal is a DH then you completely lack baseball acumen.

lol

It’s three fucking games with a brand new staff.

Pitchers are getting lit like a cheap Chinese xmas tree. You think it's a coincidence that the one decent game the Sox SP has had was the one McCann started?