7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yup, this isn't some new development and having Adam Engel, Leury Garcia, Nicky Delmonico as starting corner outfielders was incredibly predictable. 

None of those guys were expected to be starting outfielders though - they were all bench guys and Nomar and Jimenez being out is pushing the issue. I'd also say Leury isn't bad and Engel for what he is, isn't bad. I still believe in this teams upside - they just need to be able to see through this and not get too backed up - there issue will be if they dig a hole and it buries them psychologically.  With a limited summer camp too - it just impacts everything (rust, etc).  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

None of those guys were expected to be starting outfielders though - they were all bench guys and Nomar and Jimenez being out is pushing the issue. I'd also say Leury isn't bad and Engel for what he is, isn't bad. I still believe in this teams upside - they just need to be able to see through this and not get too backed up - there issue will be if they dig a hole and it buries them psychologically.  With a limited summer camp too - it just impacts everything (rust, etc).  

The point is they were expected to be starting outfielders, because it would be foolish to assume that all 3 of Eloy/Robert/Mazara stay healthy given their track records 

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

So they tell you how this guy strikes hardly anyone out and gets fewer swings and misses than almost anyone, and he strikes out the side. All swinging. 

Yeah, he made them look bad.

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

Where could you not see the Whitesox having to use these guys as starters for any given length of time? Mazara is always banged up, Eloy well he was hurt 2-3 times last year with avoidable injuries?

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

So they tell you how this guy strikes hardly anyone out and gets fewer swings and misses than almost anyone, and he strikes out the side. All swinging. 

I missed some of the first game, but I haven’t seen them throw an inside pitch to a righty hitter all game.  Make a freaking adjustment.

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

I may be crazy, but it just feels like we have no advanced scouting and it’s felt that way for years.

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

Getting close to jumping on the COVID bandwagon to cancel this season.  

At this point, we might have a chance against who's ever left on the Marlins...we might

2 minutes ago, HahnsKiddieTable said:

Where could you not see the Whitesox having to use these guys as starters for any given length of time? Mazara is always banged up, Eloy well he was hurt 2-3 times last year with avoidable injuries?

And Robert barely played at all until last year.