7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The tone of this season so far is just like the past 10 seasons.   Long agonizing innings on defense and very quick 1-2-3 innings on offense. 

So miserable. 

And this was supposed to be the breakout season we have been waiting patiently for since Sale was traded

1 minute ago, Green Line said:

If we miss the playoffs this year with a 16 team field, I think its safe to say that it completely failed.

Nah, honestly next year would be the year you’d expect a super strong team. Too many unknowns this year.

37 minutes ago, Chainsmoker said:

I can’t seem to get over Nicky batting 4th.  It’s inexcusable.

It's funny how Sox managers always have their favorites. My man Ozzie did; Robin did. And of course this Nicky thing with Ricky is silly. I love grinders but Delmonico has to go the way of Palka, probably to play in another country. He's just not good enough.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Nah, honestly next year would be the year you’d expect a super strong team. Too many unknowns this year.

Sox are going to lose a ton of games this year if the starting pitchers are as bad as they've looked the first week. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

So many said that in 2018 about 2019.  And then in 2019 about 2020.  Now 2021 is the year we're actually supposed to make the playoffs?

1 minute ago, fathom said:

The hype was definitely building for this year's team, maybe unrealistic. It's a bit depressing though that they are playing themselves out of contention 5 games into this season. 

Just now, Green Line said:

So many said that in 2018 about 2019.  And then in 2019 about 2020.  Now 2021 is the year we're actually supposed to make the playoffs?

It'll be 2022. Covid took this season away so no development. Stone will tell us it takes 7 years to build a nice house. 

I still think they’re going to make the playoffs but they aren’t going anywhere if the starting pitching doesn’t improve dramatically.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

We could potentially be .500 or below and be a wild card spot. That’s absolutely a disappointment to not reach, even with the unknowns

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It'll be 2022. Covid took this season away so no development. Stone will tell us it takes 7 years to build a nice house. 

That’s really the season to build for at this time.    The 2020 season will likely be cancelled within 2 weeks and they’ll likely be no season in 2021

Hahn was somewhat cautiously optimistic about this year back in March, but seemed to a believer right before this season. I was sort of excited by Hahn's comments last week about this team. There are still a lot of question marks though if you take a step back. Maybe this team goes on a massive win streak after leaving Cleveland and everything is fine, but this roster is full of young talent and most of it hasn't proved itself over long stretches at the major league level. It could be realistic to say that this year was that building block to gain experience, etc. at the major league level.

1 minute ago, Flash Tizzle said:

We could potentially be .500 or below and be a wild card spot. That’s absolutely a disappointment to not reach, even with the unknowns

Kopech opting out and López being injured. (Along with Gio G being a lemon) just destroyed this pitching