7/28 Sox/Indians Double Header thread

The team looks fundamentally out of sync in every aspect of the game. It's early but they have to figure some stuff out. Not hitting any panic button, but looking like this vs KC would be... alarming.

2 minutes ago, timbo8 said:

enough is enough fire rick he has team with talent and this is the lineup no im done

Yeah, I'm in agreement. This is ridiculous. 

It's 20-fucking-20. I'm done watching Nicky Delmonico and Zack Collins hit 4th-5th. ENOUGH. That shit is supposed to be over. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JUSTgottaBELIEVE said:

Crazy how you take one guy out of the lineup (Eloy) and it changes the entire complexion of the offense.

There's more to it than simply not having Eloy. This team is totally out of sync. Everywhere. Even if you have Eloy - bad AB's all day by most everyone. 

2 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

Well it’s hard to imagine the starting pitching being worse the next time through.  

Only 1/5 being effective is probably not the norm.  

But Delmonico WTF

This was a typical Rodon start, so I don't expect anything better there.  Cease is a huge question mark so who knows there.  And don't even get me started on Lopez...

Edited by Green Line
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

This was a typical Rodon start, so I don't expect anything better there.  Cease is a huge question mark so who knows there.  And don't even get me started on Lopez...

I assume Lopez will be replaced in rotation next time through and then how long after.  

Well if you want to be look at the brighter side of life (I'll duck now)

1. They played terrible

2. The starting pitching was awful

3. They couldn't hit when it counted.

and they still only lost 4-3, 5-3 and had a legitimate chance to win both games up until the very end.

Here's hoping KC cools off before the Sox get there otherwise it could be another long series.

2 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

I assume Lopez will be replaced in rotation next time through and then how long after.  

Considering he was put on the IL, I think it's pretty much guaranteed.

• Haha 1

Maybe the White Sox are just off too a bad start. Maybe the White Sox are not as good as the Twins or the Indians. Maybe the White Sox are just not a  very good team. I've already read on this site and elsewhere that the White Sox might replace their present manager. That just might happen. All in all, this looks like another losing season in the dreadful Rick Hahn era. This could be the 8th year in a row that the team has had a losing season. Hahn has not had one winning season here and he keeps his job. If the White Sox had an owner who cared about winning, Hahn would have been gone years ago. I thought Hahn  was not  going to have his contract renewed a few years ago. I even wrote JR a letter requesting an interview for the White Sox GM job. JR never responded to me.  I'm going to write JR another letter and I'm going to offer him my services as the new GM. i hope to get a response this time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Maybe the White Sox are just off too a bad start. Maybe the White Sox are not as good as the Twins or the Indians. Maybe the White Sox are just not a  very good team. I've already read on this site and elsewhere that the White Sox might replace their present manager. That just might happen. All in all, this looks like another losing season in the dreadful Rick Hahn era. This could be the 8th year in a row that the team has had a losing season. Hahn has not had one winning season here and he keeps his job. If the White Sox had an owner who cared about winning, Hahn would have been gone years ago. I thought Hahn  was not  going to have his contract renewed a few years ago. I even wrote JR a letter requesting an interview for the White Sox GM job. JR never responded to me.  I'm going to write JR another letter and I'm going to offer him my services as the new GM. i hope to get a response this time.

Is this for real 😳?

11 minutes ago, flavum said:

Hi Coop

Is it too much to ask the starters to go 5+ innings and surrender 3 runs or less, let alone get out of the first three innings without having the pitch counts take them out of the ballgame? Sheesh.

16 minutes ago, DH in the NL said:

Is this for real 😳?

Yes. I've written JR letters for  years. He usually responded to me. Whenever I've written him requesting to be interviewed for the GM job, he  has never responded. Maybe this time he will come to his senses and give me a interview. I would give him the most memorable interview he ever experienced. If I get a response from him I will be sure to let everybody know on this site.

1 minute ago, WBWSF said:

Yes. I've written JR letters for  years. He usually responded to me. Whenever I've written him requesting to be interviewed for the GM job, he  has never responded. Maybe this time he will come to his senses and give me a interview. I would give him the most memorable interview he ever experienced. If I get a response from him I will be sure to let everybody know on this site.

Let’s practice!

What makes you qualified for this position?